|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) In a haystack.
(c) On a baggage rack.
(d) Leaning against a pole.
2. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Seventy-three percent.
(b) Fifty-two percent.
(c) Fifteen percent.
(d) Thirty-nine percent.
3. What grade does the judge give Carney for his fantasy?
4. Where does Toomey say the march will be?
(a) Around the lake.
(b) Through the woods.
(c) Through the marshes and swamps.
(d) Around the town.
5. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A back porch.
(b) A car.
(c) A train coach.
(d) A kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the two men Epstein confronted in the latrine call him?
2. What borough of New York City is Arnold Epstein from?
3. What city is Joseph from?
4. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
5. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)