|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
2. Does Eugene think Carney's punishment is unfair?
(a) Yes, but he tells Toomey that he doesn't.
(b) No, but he won't tell anyone.
(c) No, and he tells Toomey so.
(d) Yes, and he tells Toomey so.
3. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He is too tired from the journey.
(b) He has a bad back.
(c) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
(d) He can't do that many exercises.
4. What percent of Toomey's overseas outfit does he say died?
(a) Fifteen percent.
(b) Fifty-two percent.
(c) Seventy-three percent.
(d) Thirty-nine percent.
5. How long is basic training?
(a) Fifteen weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Twenty weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
2. What does Wykowski say Epstein should ask for to eat?
3. What do the boys eat at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does Eugene feel about the army?
5. How did Epstein get down?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)