|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Epstein say that Eugene is?
(a) A witness, not a participant.
(b) A passenger, not a driver.
(c) An audience member, not a star.
(d) A bystander, not a player.
2. Who does Toomey punish with exercises because of Eugene's answer?
(a) Eugene, Carney, and Wycowski.
(b) Selridge, Wycowski, and Epstein.
(c) Carney, Epstein, and Eugene.
(d) Eugene, Selridge, and Wycowski.
3. What did Eugene write about Toomey?
(a) That he's killing the soldiers' consciences.
(b) That he's afraid of the soldiers.
(c) That he's setting the soldiers up for failure.
(d) That he's brainwashing the soldiers.
4. What objection does Carney give to his assigned punishment?
(a) He is too tired from the journey.
(b) He doesn't want to ruffle his uniform.
(c) He has a bad back.
(d) He can't do that many exercises.
5. How does Eugene's notebook say that Selridge eats?
(a) Like an ape eating bananas.
(b) Like a shark eating fish.
(c) Like a horse eating oats.
(d) Like an elephant eating peanuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene's notebook say about Carney?
2. What does Eugene tell the prostitute about his past sex life?
3. What is the prostitute doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who didn't flush one of the johns in the latrine after Epstein cleaned it?
5. Who is the judge of the game the soldiers play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)