Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A train coach.
(b) A back porch.
(c) A car.
(d) A kitchen.
2. What year is the play set in?
3. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a baggage rack.
(b) Leaning against a pole.
(c) On a floor.
(d) In a haystack.
5. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) On a floor.
(c) In swings.
(d) On seats.
6. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
(a) His foot.
(b) A hat.
(c) A letter.
(d) His elbow.
7. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
8. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
9. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells fresh.
(b) It stinks.
(c) It smells empty.
(d) It smells delicious.
This section contains 4,054 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)