Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A car.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A back porch.
(d) A train coach.
2. What year is the play set in?
3. How many young men are on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Where is Arnold Epstein sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) In a haystack.
(b) Leaning against a pole.
(c) On a floor.
(d) On a baggage rack.
5. Where are most of the boys sleeping at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) On a floor.
(b) On seats.
(c) In swings.
(d) Under a tree.
6. What does Roy stick in Joseph's face?
(a) A letter.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His foot.
(d) A hat.
7. What does Eugene start doing when he can't sleep?
8. Who does Eugene say he hates at the beginning of the play?
9. How does Eugene say the environment smells?
(a) It smells empty.
(b) It smells fresh.
(c) It stinks.
(d) It smells delicious.
This section contains 4,054 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)