|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flock of bird is attracted to Billy's burial?
2. Who leads Billy Budd out of the gun room and first addresses the crowd?
(a) The Surgeon.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) The Chaplain.
3. In chapter 23, when is the crew called together?
(a) An hour before dogwatch.
(b) At sunset.
(c) An hour past dogwatch.
(d) At dogwatch.
4. When Claggart and Billy speak in Chapter 17, which of the following best describes the words that Claggart gives Billy?
5. What reason does the Purser give for Billy's odd death?
(a) Billy's religious faith.
(b) Billy's intelligence.
(c) Billy's fear of dying.
(d) Billy's willpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chaplain feel is better than religion for facing judgment?
2. What artifact do the sailors break down and keep in remembrance of Billy Budd?
3. What does the chaplain come to speak to Billy about?
4. With whom do the other sailors agree with over Billy Budd's punishment?
5. After his death, what do the sailors conclude about Billy's involvement in the murder and plotting the mutiny?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)