|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the journalistic publication cite as the instigator of mutiny?
(a) John Claggart.
(c) Billy Budd.
2. How does the Captain react when the object approaching them gets away?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is relieved.
3. Who comes to inspect Claggart's dead body?
(a) The surgeon.
(b) The pastor.
(c) No one inspects Claggart's body.
4. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) A bible.
(c) A cross.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
5. What does the final rendition of Billy Budd's life and death, as accepted by the naval authorities, state about Billy Budd's heritage?
(a) That he was a disgraced Englishman.
(b) That he was no Englishman.
(c) That he was a disgraced Spaniard.
(d) That he was a prime example of an Englishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailors are called to hear the announcement from the Captain during which interestingly named shift?
2. After his death, what do the sailors conclude about Billy's involvement in the murder and plotting the mutiny?
3. Why does the narrator state that sailors are less likely to distrust each other?
4. Who witnesses Billy's funeral?
5. In the article about the Bellipotent, how is Billy Budd presented?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)