Mid-Book Test (up to Chapter 16)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. According to Melville, what makes sailors different from non-sailors?
a) Sailors do not trust others easily.
b) Sailors are natural liars.
c) Sailors have more freedom.
d) Sailors are more trusting.
2. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
a) A keelhauling.
b) His promotion.
c) A scourging.
d) A hanging.
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
a) The changing weather.
b) A possible mutiny.
c) A possible fight.
d) His behavior.
4. How does Melville characterize sailors in general?
a) Childlike and trusting.
b) Irritable and aggressive.
c) Deceptive and vicious.
d) Lazy and stupid.
5. Which two groups of people does Melville...
This section contains 496 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)