|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animals appear at Billy's funeral?
(a) A school of sharks.
(b) A pair of albatross.
(c) A school of dolphins.
(d) A flock of seagulls.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Relaxed and friendly.
(c) Paranoid and superstitious
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
3. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
(a) Bury Claggart at sea.
(b) Have a stiff drink.
(c) Leave the ship.
(d) Follow standard procedure.
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. Why does Melville claim that certain men are morally depraved?
(a) Because they are not entirely sane.
(b) Because cruel treatment breeds cruelty.
(c) Because their licentious behavior makes them depraved.
(d) Because they are forced into depravity by their living conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the officers want to contact?
2. How does Billy die?
3. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
4. What are Captain Vere's last words?
5. What event occurs after Billy's funeral?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)