|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is deceived by Squeak's lies?
(a) Captain Vere.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He is frightened.
3. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
(a) The wrong rope.
(b) A package of dates.
4. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) A thief and troublemaker.
(b) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
(d) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
5. What is a "cat's paw"?
(a) The joint between the mainsail and the topsail.
(b) Slang for an anchor.
(c) A part of a cat.
(d) A person who does another's dirty work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bellipotent chase in chapter 18?
2. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
3. Why does the crew assemble together in chapter 25?
4. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
5. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)