|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) The afterguardsman.
(d) The Dansker.
3. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
(a) To a stateroom.
(b) To the brig.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the crow's nest.
4. What excuse does Billy give for hitting Claggart?
(a) He is bi-polar.
(b) He is unable to speak.
(c) He is told to do so by the afterguardsman.
(d) Claggart threatens to kill him.
5. Why does the crew assemble together in chapter 25?
(a) To protest Billy's punishment.
(b) To witness a flogging.
(c) To witness a keelhauling.
(d) To witness an execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
2. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
4. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
5. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)