|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(b) Terror rules the masses.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(a) Riddled with inconsistencies.
3. Which character is known for his simplicity and naiveté?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
4. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
5. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Billy buried?
2. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
3. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. In chapter 16, what does Billy refuse to believe?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)