|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(b) Paranoid and superstitious
(c) Relaxed and friendly.
(d) Dry and bookish.
2. How is Billy's body prepared for burial?
(a) It is placed in a pine box.
(b) It is wrapped in his hammock.
(c) It is stuffed into a canvas sack.
(d) It is wrapped in the torn topsail.
3. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
4. What is attributed to will power in chapter 26?
(a) The admiral's decision to proceed with Billy's punishment.
(b) A man's decision to witness death and stay on board.
(c) The lack of death spasm in Billy's body.
(d) The captain's decision to proceed with Billy's punishment.
5. How old is Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
2. What is standard procedure in the event of a suspected murder at sea?
3. Which other characters has odd weather changes occur during his death?
4. How does the article about the Bellipotent view Billy's death?
5. In chapter 18, which character does the captain consider promoting?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)