|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
2. How does Claggart die?
(a) Captain Vere shoots him.
(b) Billy hits him.
(c) The valet stabs him.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. Who visits Billy in chapter 24?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) The chaplain.
(d) Red Whiskers.
4. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(b) The ship's cat.
(c) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(d) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
5. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(b) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
(c) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(d) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
2. How does the sailor Billy threatened in chapter 14 react to Billy in chapter 15?
3. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
4. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
5. Why does the crew assemble together in chapter 25?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)