|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the hammock-boy sent to find in chapter 18?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Billy Budd.
2. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
3. In which article are the events on the Bellipotent published?
(a) "Mutiny on the High Seas."
(b) "A Tale from the Royal Navy."
(c) "Insurrection Prevented."
(d) "News from the Mediterranean."
4. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
(a) A cross.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) A bible.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
5. Why doesn't the chaplain try to intervene on Billy's behalf?
(a) He is afraid of the captain.
(b) Because Billy does not talk to him.
(c) Military law is more powerful than his religious influence.
(d) He feels that Billy deserves punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
2. Melville compares Billy's death to the death of which other person?
3. What is standard procedure in the event of a suspected murder at sea?
4. Which character is deceived by Squeak's lies?
5. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)