|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Noble sailors.
(b) Medieval knights.
(c) Greek heros.
(d) Biblical prophets.
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A crescent moon.
(c) A star.
(d) A medallion.
3. How does Claggart die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) Billy hits him.
(c) The valet stabs him.
(d) Captain Vere shoots him.
4. Which country does the rival ship in chapter 28 represent?
5. Melville compares Billy's death to the death of which other person?
(b) Captain Bligh.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Vere tell the surgeon to call?
2. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
3. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
4. In chapter 23, when is the crew called together?
5. Where is Captain Vere taken after he is wounded?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)