|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the sailor Billy threatened in chapter 14 react to Billy in chapter 15?
(a) He is very friendly.
(b) He is very aggressive.
(c) He refuses to look Billy in the eye.
(d) He is timid.
2. What is one explanation given for the odd nature of Billy's death?
(c) The weather.
3. According to the article about the Bellipotent, how is John Claggart murdered?
(a) He is strangled by Billy Budd.
(b) He is poisoned by Billy Budd.
(c) He is hit by Billy Budd.
(d) He is stabbed by Billy Budd.
4. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
2. What astonishes Captain Vere about the report he receives in chapter 18?
3. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
4. Which character does Squeak play tricks on?
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)