|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Billy Budd.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) John Claggart.
2. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(a) Chief Mate.
3. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
(a) A feather hat.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A chained gold medallion.
(d) His war medals.
4. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(b) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(c) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(d) The chief mate and the bosun.
5. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
(a) A bible.
(b) A kiss on the cheek.
(c) A cross.
(d) A medal of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two groups of people does Melville compare in chapter 16?
2. What does Billy inadvertently spill on Claggart in the mess hall?
3. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
4. Who witnesses the Captain exiting Billy Budd's holding room after delivering the news of his impending execution?
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)