|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A star.
(b) A medallion.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A crescent moon.
2. Why does Billy hesitate when asked about his knowledge of a potential insurrection?
(a) He is afraid he stutters.
(b) He does not want to tattle on a fellow crew member.
(c) He feels guilty about his involvement.
(d) He fears the afterguardsman kills him.
3. What astonishes Captain Vere about the report he receives in chapter 18?
(a) He thinks the Bellipotent is the fastest ship on the water.
(b) Billy Budd is named as a conspirator.
(c) John Claggart is named as a conspirator.
(d) The albatross is sitting on the topmast.
4. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
5. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Billy buried?
2. How does the chase in chapter 18 end?
3. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
4. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
5. Where is Captain Vere taken after he is wounded?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)