|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Vere taken after he is wounded?
(a) To shore.
(b) To the crow's nest.
(c) To the galley.
(d) To his stateroom.
2. Which ship does the Bellipotent engage in chapter 28?
(a) The Rights-of-Man.
(b) The Agamemnon.
(c) The Theseus.
(d) The Athiest.
3. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) Losing the sextant.
(d) A tsunami.
4. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
(a) He never talks to anyone about his past.
(b) He receives mysterious letters that he burns after reading.
(c) He becomes very nervous and quiet around authority figures.
(d) He appears to have noble bearing and enters naval service later in life.
5. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
(b) With unnecessary cruelty.
(c) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
(d) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
2. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
3. When is Billy due to be executed?
4. What is unusual about Billy's death?
5. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)