|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, which character reports suspicious behavior of a sailor to Captain Vere?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) Billy Budd.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) John Claggart.
2. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(c) Chief Mate.
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) His behavior.
(b) A possible fight.
(c) A possible mutiny.
(d) The changing weather.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) Bitter and morose.
5. What often causes a mutiny?
(a) A sudden gust of wind.
(b) Unhappy sailors.
(d) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 25, what does the crew cry in unison?
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
4. Why does Billy join the British navy?
5. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)