|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
(a) He screams obscenities.
(b) He faints.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He stutters.
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(b) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(c) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(d) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
3. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The chief mate and the bosun.
(b) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(c) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(d) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
4. What does Captain Vere tell the surgeon to call?
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) To arms.
(d) A drumhead court.
5. What often causes a mutiny?
(b) Unhappy sailors.
(c) A sudden gust of wind.
(d) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
2. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
3. Who is Billy's father?
4. Who visits Billy in chapter 24?
5. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)