|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He stutters.
(d) He loves women.
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(b) He is conscripted into service.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He wants to defend his country.
3. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) The afterguardsman.
4. How does Meville characterize Billy?
(a) Deceptive and untrustworthy.
(b) Innocent and child-like.
(c) Angry and vengeful.
(d) Fearful and timid.
5. Where is John Claggart buried?
(a) The coast of Timon.
(b) At sea.
(c) The isle of Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
2. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
4. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
5. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)