|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
2. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
(a) His ministry.
(b) A mutiny.
(c) A chess club.
(d) A special forces troop.
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The longbow.
(c) The crossbow.
(d) The sword.
4. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
5. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) The Dansker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
2. How does Billy react to his impending doom?
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
4. To what does Melville attribute the general attitude of most sailors?
5. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)