|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
2. Who is Squeak?
(a) Claggart's secret accomplice.
(b) Claggart's pet mouse.
(c) The bosun.
(d) The ship's cook.
3. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
(a) Unbeknownst to the crew, he is related to the captian.
(b) He blackmails his superiors.
(c) Through his exemplary behavior and austere patriotism.
(d) Through a series of bribes.
4. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He whispers his consent.
(b) He whoops and shouts for joy.
(c) He screams in anger.
(d) He stutters a refusal.
5. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
(a) He screams obscenities.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He faints.
(d) He hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Billy in chapter 24?
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
3. What does Billy never do before?
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)