|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(c) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) Bitter and morose.
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
(a) A mutiny.
(b) A special forces troop.
(c) His ministry.
(d) A chess club.
4. What excuse does Billy give for hitting Claggart?
(a) He is told to do so by the afterguardsman.
(b) He is bi-polar.
(c) He is unable to speak.
(d) Claggart threatens to kill him.
5. Which character is deceived by Squeak's lies?
(a) Captain Vere.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the surgeon question the captain's orders?
2. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
3. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
4. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
5. Where is John Claggart buried?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)