|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(b) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
(c) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(d) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
2. Whom do the officers want to contact?
(a) The captain.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The admiral.
(d) The master-at-arms.
3. When is Billy due to be executed?
(a) After a legal trial on shore.
(b) At midnight.
(c) In the early morning watch.
(d) As soon as the ship lands.
4. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(b) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(c) The ship's cat.
(d) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
5. How does Claggart die?
(a) Captain Vere shoots him.
(b) The valet stabs him.
(c) Billy hits him.
(d) He hangs himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
4. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
5. What excuse does Billy give for hitting Claggart?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)