|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. Why does Billy hesitate when asked about his knowledge of a potential insurrection?
(a) He fears the afterguardsman kills him.
(b) He does not want to tattle on a fellow crew member.
(c) He is afraid he stutters.
(d) He feels guilty about his involvement.
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. What does the chaplain feel is better than religion for facing judgment?
5. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
(a) The stress of working for a harsh captain makes the crew irate.
(b) Weeks of seasickness makes the crew irritable.
(c) Sailors live in close quarters for long periods of time.
(d) Sailors are usually tempremental in nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
2. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
3. Who is Red Whiskers?
4. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
5. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)