|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
(a) Billy and Claggart hate each other viciously.
(b) Billy and Claggart are good friends.
(c) Billy hates Claggart, who is too dull to recognize his animosity.
(d) Claggart hates Billy, who is too naive to recognize his animosity.
2. What is a drumhead court?
(a) Slang for a meeting in the captain's quarters.
(b) An informal legal hearing held at sea.
(c) A formal legal hearing in the presence of an admiral.
(d) Slang for a mob.
3. What does the chaplain feel is better than religion for facing judgment?
4. What is a mutiny?
(a) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(b) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(c) A traditional sailor's dance.
(d) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
5. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Billy in chapter 24?
2. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
3. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
4. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
5. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)