|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) August of 1697.
(d) January of 1924.
2. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He screams obscenities.
(c) He faints.
(d) He stutters.
3. Who is allowed to communicate with Billy in chapter 23?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Red Whiskers.
(c) The chaplain.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
4. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) Captain Vere.
5. What does Captain Vere tell his crew in chapter 23?
(a) Billy Budd is murdered.
(b) The admiral is on board for a surprise inspection.
(c) A sailor is executed for murdering the master-at-arms.
(d) Billy Budd jumps overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy's father?
2. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
3. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
4. What sentence does the court render in chapter 23?
5. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)