|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a drumhead court?
(a) Slang for a mob.
(b) A formal legal hearing in the presence of an admiral.
(c) An informal legal hearing held at sea.
(d) Slang for a meeting in the captain's quarters.
2. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) August of 1697.
(c) January of 1924.
(d) September of 1897.
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
4. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) Billy Budd.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
5. Why does Billy hesitate when asked about his knowledge of a potential insurrection?
(a) He fears the afterguardsman kills him.
(b) He is afraid he stutters.
(c) He does not want to tattle on a fellow crew member.
(d) He feels guilty about his involvement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
4. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
5. What does Billy never do before?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)