|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
(b) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) A thief and troublemaker.
(d) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He wants to defend his country.
(b) He is conscripted into service.
(c) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(d) His father is a naval Captain.
3. Which character does Squeak play tricks on?
(a) Captain Vere.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
4. Whom do the officers want to contact?
(a) The admiral.
(b) The captain.
(c) The master-at-arms.
(d) The Queen.
5. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(b) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) Bitter and morose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
2. Who is Squeak?
3. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
5. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)