|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chase in chapter 18 end?
(a) The dolphins submerge.
(b) The frigate escapes.
(c) The merchant ship surrenders.
(d) The albatross lands on the topmast.
2. In chapter 18, which character does the captain consider promoting?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) Billy Budd.
3. After the meeting with the mysterious man, what happens to the dirty tricks that are being played on Billy Budd?
(a) There is no change to the frequency of the dirty tricks.
(b) They decrease in frequency.
(c) They increase in frequency.
(d) They stop completely.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) One filled with a just a few close friends.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason that the narrator gives for the sailors' mutinies in history?
(a) Poor medical care.
(b) Poor wages.
(c) Terrible food.
(d) Anti-authority speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a part of the drumhead court in chapter 21?
2. What does the Chaplain give to Billy before he leaves him in the gun room?
3. What is the nickname for a sailor who is good-looking and a great leader?
4. How does Billy compare in experience to the other sailors aboard "The Bellipotent"?
5. How many historical mutinies does the narrator tell the reader about?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)