|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
(a) The manner in which the captain is handling Claggart's death.
(b) The morale of the crew.
(c) The manner in which Claggart dies suddenly.
(d) The impending storms on the horizon.
2. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) The Theseus.
(b) HMS Bellipotent.
(c) HMS Pinafore.
3. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
(a) He never talks to anyone about his past.
(b) He receives mysterious letters that he burns after reading.
(c) He becomes very nervous and quiet around authority figures.
(d) He appears to have noble bearing and enters naval service later in life.
4. Who is allowed to communicate with Billy in chapter 23?
(a) The chaplain.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) Red Whiskers.
5. What does Billy never do before?
(b) Be associated with evil.
(c) Speak to the captain.
(d) Tell a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chase in chapter 18 end?
2. Who is Billy's father?
3. In chapter 16, what does Billy refuse to believe?
4. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
5. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)