|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(b) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(c) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(d) The chief mate and the bosun.
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) A tsunami.
(c) Losing the sextant.
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is easily angered.
(b) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(c) He is sad and gloomy.
(d) He is cheerful and friendly.
4. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) January of 1924.
(d) August of 1697.
5. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
(a) Follow standard procedure.
(b) Bury Claggart at sea.
(c) Leave the ship.
(d) Have a stiff drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
2. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
4. Who is Squeak?
5. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)