|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(b) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(c) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(d) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Paranoid and superstitious
3. What does the narrator think about the gossip coming from the sailors in regards to John Claggart's history?
(a) He disagrees with it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He dismisses it.
(d) He does not have an opinion about it.
4. What is Billy's reaction to his new assignment to join the King's fleet?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is upset.
5. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy respond to the man's bribe?
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
3. How old is Captain Vere?
4. How does the narrator claim that the world will remember Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson?
5. How old is Billy?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)