|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
(a) He receives mysterious letters that he burns after reading.
(b) He never talks to anyone about his past.
(c) He becomes very nervous and quiet around authority figures.
(d) He appears to have noble bearing and enters naval service later in life.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) By winning their admiration.
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) His behavior.
(b) The changing weather.
(c) A possible fight.
(d) A possible mutiny.
4. What often causes a mutiny?
(a) A sudden gust of wind.
(b) Unhappy sailors.
(c) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
2. Which character does Squeak play tricks on?
3. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
4. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
5. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)