|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(b) He is conscripted into service.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He wants to defend his country.
2. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) The afterguardsman.
(d) John Claggart.
3. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
(a) A scourging.
(b) His promotion.
(c) A keelhauling.
(d) A hanging.
4. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
5. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(c) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(d) He hits Claggart in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
2. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
3. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
4. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
5. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)