|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
(a) Leave the ship.
(b) Follow standard procedure.
(c) Have a stiff drink.
(d) Bury Claggart at sea.
2. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He stutters a refusal.
(b) He screams in anger.
(c) He whispers his consent.
(d) He whoops and shouts for joy.
3. How does Meville characterize Billy?
(a) Innocent and child-like.
(b) Fearful and timid.
(c) Angry and vengeful.
(d) Deceptive and untrustworthy.
4. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(a) Bligh's player.
5. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
(a) He is smoking.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is mending the topsail.
(d) He is on watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What often causes a mutiny?
2. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
3. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
4. How old is Billy?
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)