|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
3. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Bligh.
4. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) The afterguardsman.
5. What appears to end in chapter 17?
(a) The journey.
(b) The storm.
(c) The dirty tricks.
(d) Billy and Claggart's friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
2. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
3. How does the chase in chapter 18 end?
4. What often causes a mutiny?
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)