|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He stutters a refusal.
(b) He screams in anger.
(c) He whispers his consent.
(d) He whoops and shouts for joy.
2. Why doesn't the surgeon question the captain's orders?
(a) He fears the captain might shoot him.
(b) Disobeying orders is mutiny.
(c) He is dim-witted and cannot see any problem.
(d) He has great respect for the captain.
3. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) September of 1897.
(b) April of 1797.
(c) January of 1924.
(d) August of 1697.
4. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(d) Chief Mate.
5. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What often causes a mutiny?
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
3. What is a mutiny?
4. How does the sailor Billy threatened in chapter 14 react to Billy in chapter 15?
5. How does Meville characterize Billy?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)