|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to end in chapter 17?
(a) Billy and Claggart's friendship.
(b) The storm.
(c) The journey.
(d) The dirty tricks.
2. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(c) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(d) Captain Graveling.
3. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
(a) Gentleman Vere.
(c) Starry Vere.
(d) The Stalwart.
4. In chapter 18, which character reports suspicious behavior of a sailor to Captain Vere?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) The Dansker.
5. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
(a) He screams obscenities.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He faints.
(d) He hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
3. Who is Red Whiskers?
4. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
5. What is a mutiny?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)