|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
(a) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(b) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(c) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(d) The chief mate and the bosun.
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Bligh.
3. What is a "cat's paw"?
(a) The joint between the mainsail and the topsail.
(b) A person who does another's dirty work.
(c) A part of a cat.
(d) Slang for an anchor.
4. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
5. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy never do before?
2. How does Claggart die?
3. What is Billy's position on the ship?
4. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
5. What does the Bellipotent chase in chapter 18?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)