|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) August of 1697.
(d) January of 1924.
2. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
3. What does Captain Vere tell the surgeon to call?
(a) To arms.
(b) A drumhead court.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
4. To what does Melville attribute the general attitude of most sailors?
(a) They must assume control of their lives at an early age.
(b) The sea attacts the worst types of individuals.
(c) Living in close quarters warps a person's character.
(d) Their lives are always controlled.
5. What does Billy never do before?
(b) Tell a lie.
(c) Speak to the captain.
(d) Be associated with evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy join the British navy?
2. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
3. What often causes a mutiny?
4. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
5. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)