|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(a) Losing the sextant.
(c) A tsunami.
2. Which character is known for his simplicity and naiveté?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Billy Budd.
3. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
(a) Weeks of seasickness makes the crew irritable.
(b) The stress of working for a harsh captain makes the crew irate.
(c) Sailors live in close quarters for long periods of time.
(d) Sailors are usually tempremental in nature.
4. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The crossbow.
(b) The sword.
(c) The longbow.
5. In chapter 18, which character reports suspicious behavior of a sailor to Captain Vere?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) The Dansker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
2. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like before they sail together on the Bellipotent?
3. What is Billy's position on the ship?
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. Which character is deceived by Squeak's lies?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)