|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the famous line "Struck dead by an angel of God! Yet the angel must hang!"
(a) Captain Vere.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) John Claggart.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) By winning their admiration.
(b) Bribing them.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) The threat of death.
3. Who does Claggart bump into as he is walking away from Billy Budd's spill?
(a) A young scrubwoman.
(b) A drummer boy.
(c) The Master-of-Arms.
(d) Captain Vere.
4. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
5. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Captain Vere?
2. What does the narrator state about John Claggart's character that differs from the other sailors' perception of him?
3. Why is Admiral Nelson chosen to be promoted as captain of the mutinous ship?
4. Which of these factors does the narrator claim leads to Claggart's evil ways?
5. What does Billy threaten to do to the mysterious man?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)