|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The crossbow.
(b) The longbow.
(d) The sword.
2. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
3. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
4. In chapter 16, what does Billy refuse to believe?
(a) That Claggart is behind the mischief that plagues him.
(b) That Lieutenant Ratcliffe is behind the mischief that plagues him.
(c) That Captain Vere is corrupt.
(d) That the Bellipotent can sink.
5. What does Billy never do before?
(a) Tell a lie.
(b) Be associated with evil.
(d) Speak to the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to end in chapter 17?
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
3. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
4. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
5. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)