|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Claggart's sidekick resemble?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rat.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A chicken.
2. Which character does Squeak play tricks on?
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(c) The United States.
4. How does Billy feel about the meeting with the mysterious man the next morning, when he wakes up?
(a) He is disturbed by it.
(b) He is amused by it.
(c) He has forgotten about it.
(d) He is angered by it.
5. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(b) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
(c) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(d) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
2. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
3. What punishment does Billy Budd witness being given to a young sailor aboard ship?
4. Who says the famous line "Struck dead by an angel of God! Yet the angel must hang!"
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)