|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
(a) The rolled bucket.
(b) The spilled soup.
(c) The scourging.
(d) The ripped topsail.
2. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like before they sail together on the Bellipotent?
(a) They are friends until Billy falls in love with Claggart's sister.
(b) The do not know each other before sailing on the Bellepotent.
(c) They are bitter enemies since childhood.
(d) They are close friends in childhood, but later drift apart.
3. Where is Billy taken in chapter 19?
(a) The brig.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The captain's cabin.
4. What often causes a mutiny?
(b) Unhappy sailors.
(c) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
(d) A sudden gust of wind.
5. What is a "cat's paw"?
(a) A person who does another's dirty work.
(b) Slang for an anchor.
(c) A part of a cat.
(d) The joint between the mainsail and the topsail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
2. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
3. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
4. Who is Billy Budd?
5. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)