|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(b) Life is unfair.
(c) People only obey when forced to do so.
(d) Terror rules the masses.
2. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
(a) Billy and Claggart are good friends.
(b) Billy hates Claggart, who is too dull to recognize his animosity.
(c) Billy and Claggart hate each other viciously.
(d) Claggart hates Billy, who is too naive to recognize his animosity.
3. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) John Claggart.
4. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
(a) Weeks of seasickness makes the crew irritable.
(b) The stress of working for a harsh captain makes the crew irate.
(c) Sailors live in close quarters for long periods of time.
(d) Sailors are usually tempremental in nature.
5. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
2. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
4. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
5. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)