|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Squeak?
(a) The ship's cook.
(b) Claggart's pet mouse.
(c) The bosun.
(d) Claggart's secret accomplice.
2. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(b) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(c) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(d) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
3. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The ship's cat.
(b) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(d) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(b) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(c) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(d) Biography, History and Classical authors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
2. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
3. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
4. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
5. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)