|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mutiny?
(a) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(b) A traditional sailor's dance.
(c) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(d) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
2. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(b) He runs to the captain.
(c) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(d) He hits Claggart in the face.
3. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
(a) Baby Budd.
(c) Billy Boy.
(d) Prince William.
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) Losing the sextant.
(c) A tsunami.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy join the British navy?
2. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
3. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
4. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
5. What often causes a mutiny?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)