|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(d) Chief Mate.
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) Captain Vere.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(c) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) Bitter and morose.
5. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
(a) Captain Vere and Claggart.
(b) Billy and Claggart.
(c) The Dansker and Red Whiskers.
(d) Captain Vere and Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
2. Who is Billy's father?
3. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
4. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
5. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)