|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that it is envy driving Claggart to want to harm Billy?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) The narrator.
2. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "The fates are agin' us!"
(b) He is silent.
(c) "You fool!"
(d) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They erupt into a violent melee.
(b) They are fearfully silent.
(c) They quickly man their stations.
(d) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
4. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A bawdy tavern song.
(d) A poem.
5. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(b) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(c) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(d) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is John Claggart?
2. In what year does Billy Budd's story take place?
3. How can most of the information that is being fed to Claggart be classified?
4. What is the name of the one sailor who does not get along with Billy Budd on his old ship?
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)