|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
(a) His promotion.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A scourging.
(d) A keelhauling.
2. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
3. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
(b) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(c) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(d) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
4. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A crescent moon.
(c) A medallion.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
3. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
4. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
5. What is a mutiny?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)