|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. Who does Claggart bump into as he is walking away from Billy Budd's spill?
(a) A young scrubwoman.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) A drummer boy.
(d) The Master-of-Arms.
3. What is the nickname that Captain Vere is given by his sailors?
(a) Snowy Vere.
(b) Sunny Vere.
(c) Windy Vere.
(d) Starry Vere.
4. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They erupt into a violent melee.
(b) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(c) They quickly man their stations.
(d) They are fearfully silent.
5. How old is Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
2. Which word best describes Dansker's physicality?
3. What does the narrator state about John Claggart's character that differs from the other sailors' perception of him?
4. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
5. How do the rest of the sailors respond to Claggart's reaction over Billy Budd's spill?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)