|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Relaxed and friendly.
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Paranoid and superstitious
2. Which character is known for his simplicity and naiveté?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "The fates are agin' us!"
(b) "You fool!"
(c) He is silent.
(d) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
4. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
(a) Dark and swarthy with long black hair.
(b) Handsome and strong with blue eyes and blond hair.
(c) Pale and fat with dark red hair.
(d) Pale and effeminate with curly black hair.
5. Who is Billy's father?
(a) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(d) Captain Bligh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
2. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
3. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
4. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
5. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)