|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
(b) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) A thief and troublemaker.
(d) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
2. Who is Squeak?
(a) Claggart's secret accomplice.
(b) The ship's cook.
(c) The bosun.
(d) Claggart's pet mouse.
3. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
(a) The ripped topsail.
(b) The scourging.
(c) The spilled soup.
(d) The rolled bucket.
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
(a) Sailors are usually tempremental in nature.
(b) The stress of working for a harsh captain makes the crew irate.
(c) Sailors live in close quarters for long periods of time.
(d) Weeks of seasickness makes the crew irritable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
5. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)