|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) September of 1897.
(b) January of 1924.
(c) April of 1797.
(d) August of 1697.
2. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is sad and gloomy.
(b) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(c) He is cheerful and friendly.
(d) He is easily angered.
3. Which character is known for his simplicity and naiveté?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Captain Vere.
4. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) With unnecessary cruelty.
(b) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
(c) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
(d) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
5. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(b) The ship's cat.
(c) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(d) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is considered by others to be the most attractive in every aspect?
2. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
3. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
4. What one item changes the face of warfare?
5. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)