|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
2. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
(a) He suspects Billy is plotting a mutiny.
(b) Billy often gets drunk when he goes on leave.
(c) He suspects Billy goes AWOL.
(d) Billy is a natural peacemaker.
3. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(b) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(c) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(d) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
4. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
(a) The rolled bucket.
(b) The ripped topsail.
(c) The scourging.
(d) The spilled soup.
5. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
2. Which character is considered by others to be the most attractive in every aspect?
3. Who is Billy's father?
4. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
5. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)