|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy's father?
(a) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(b) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
(a) The spilled soup.
(b) The ripped topsail.
(c) The rolled bucket.
(d) The scourging.
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) The threat of death.
5. What often causes a mutiny?
(b) A sudden gust of wind.
(c) Unhappy sailors.
(d) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
2. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
3. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
4. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
5. How old is Billy?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)