|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) John Claggart.
2. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(b) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(c) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
(d) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) The threat of death.
4. Which act does Claggart believe is an intentional attempt to offend him?
(a) The ripped topsail.
(b) The spilled soup.
(c) The rolled bucket.
(d) The scourging.
5. Which character remains cheerful, despite clandestine attempts of persecution?
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
2. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
5. Who is Billy Budd?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)