|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(b) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(c) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(d) Biography, History and Classical authors.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Bligh.
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. What is a mutiny?
(a) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(b) A traditional sailor's dance.
(c) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(d) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like before they sail together on the Bellipotent?
2. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
4. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
5. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)