|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
(a) He blackmails his superiors.
(b) Through his exemplary behavior and austere patriotism.
(c) Unbeknownst to the crew, he is related to the captian.
(d) Through a series of bribes.
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The crossbow.
(b) The longbow.
(c) The sword.
4. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He hits Claggart in the face.
(b) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(c) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(d) He runs to the captain.
5. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Billy Budd.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What often causes a mutiny?
2. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
3. Which character does Squeak create lies about?
4. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
5. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)