|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dansker suspect is trying to get Billy Budd in trouble?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Vere.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Paranoid and superstitious
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
3. Which of the following best describes Captain Vere's attitude?
4. What interesting item does Captain Vere always bring aboard ship when he returns from land?
5. To what attribute does Captain Vere's nickname refer to?
(a) His daydreaming.
(b) His temper.
(c) His aloofness.
(d) His moodswings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claggart understand about BIlly's character that drives him further into envy?
2. What is Billy's reaction to his new assignment to join the King's fleet?
3. What is the name of the one sailor who does not get along with Billy Budd on his old ship?
4. Who does the narrator say is holding back the Royal Navy at the time of the two mutinies?
5. Which character is known for his malicious envy?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)