|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(c) He hits Claggart in the face.
(d) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Bligh.
3. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(b) He is silent.
(c) "You fool!"
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
4. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
5. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(b) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(c) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(d) To handle the sails on the foremast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
2. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
5. Why does Billy join the British navy?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)