|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
2. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They erupt into a violent melee.
(b) They quickly man their stations.
(c) They are fearfully silent.
(d) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
3. Who is Billy's father?
(a) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(b) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. What is a mutiny?
(a) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(b) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(c) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(d) A traditional sailor's dance.
5. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(a) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
2. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
5. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)