|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
(a) A bawdy tavern song.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A poem.
2. What is a mutiny?
(a) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(b) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(c) A traditional sailor's dance.
(d) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
3. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(d) Chief Mate.
4. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
(a) Pale and fat with dark red hair.
(b) Pale and effeminate with curly black hair.
(c) Handsome and strong with blue eyes and blond hair.
(d) Dark and swarthy with long black hair.
5. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
2. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
4. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)