|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) By winning their admiration.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(a) An odd genetic malfunction.
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(d) He stutters.
4. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(b) A thief and troublemaker.
(c) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
(d) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
5. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) August of 1697.
(b) April of 1797.
(c) September of 1897.
(d) January of 1924.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
2. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
3. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
5. Who is Billy's father?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)