|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(b) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(c) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(d) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
2. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A bawdy tavern song.
(d) A poem.
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) Bitter and morose.
5. How do the rest of the sailors respond to Claggart's reaction over Billy Budd's spill?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They have no reaction.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
2. What does the narrator state about John Claggart's character that differs from the other sailors' perception of him?
3. What often causes a mutiny?
4. Which of the following is NOT used to describe John Claggart?
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)