|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
(a) He knocks over a full bucket in front of the captain.
(b) He falls asleep while on watch.
(c) He is caught eating in the crow's nest.
(d) Someone is playing tricks on him that get him in trouble.
2. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(b) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(c) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(d) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
3. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
(a) Gentleman Vere.
(b) Starry Vere.
(c) The Stalwart.
4. How old is Billy?
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
2. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
3. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
5. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)