|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(b) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(c) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
2. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like before they sail together on the Bellipotent?
(a) They are close friends in childhood, but later drift apart.
(b) The do not know each other before sailing on the Bellepotent.
(c) They are bitter enemies since childhood.
(d) They are friends until Billy falls in love with Claggart's sister.
5. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Red Whiskers?
2. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
3. Who is Billy's father?
4. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)