|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) One filled with a just a few close friends.
2. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
3. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
(a) Gentleman Vere.
(b) Starry Vere.
(c) The Stalwart.
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) Losing the sextant.
(c) A tsunami.
5. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(d) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
3. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
4. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
5. Why does Billy join the British navy?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)