|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) HMS Bellipotent.
(b) The Theseus.
(d) HMS Pinafore.
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(d) An odd genetic malfunction.
3. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(b) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(c) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(d) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Terror rules the masses.
(b) People only obey when forced to do so.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) Storms are balanced with calm days.
5. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
2. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)