|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A trial.
(b) A public execution.
(c) A democratic election.
(d) A revolution.
2. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "You fool!"
(b) He is silent.
(c) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
3. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) A tsunami.
(d) Losing the sextant.
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Paranoid and superstitious
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Relaxed and friendly.
5. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
(a) Billy and Claggart hate each other viciously.
(b) Billy and Claggart are good friends.
(c) Claggart hates Billy, who is too naive to recognize his animosity.
(d) Billy hates Claggart, who is too dull to recognize his animosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
2. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
5. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)