|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
2. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(a) Bligh's player.
3. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
4. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
5. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They quickly man their stations.
(b) They erupt into a violent melee.
(c) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(d) They are fearfully silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
2. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
3. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
4. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
5. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)