|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(d) An odd genetic malfunction.
2. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
(a) The stress of working for a harsh captain makes the crew irate.
(b) Sailors live in close quarters for long periods of time.
(c) Weeks of seasickness makes the crew irritable.
(d) Sailors are usually tempremental in nature.
3. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
(a) Billy hates Claggart, who is too dull to recognize his animosity.
(b) Claggart hates Billy, who is too naive to recognize his animosity.
(c) Billy and Claggart are good friends.
(d) Billy and Claggart hate each other viciously.
4. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
(a) Pale and fat with dark red hair.
(b) Dark and swarthy with long black hair.
(c) Handsome and strong with blue eyes and blond hair.
(d) Pale and effeminate with curly black hair.
5. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
2. Who is Red Whiskers?
3. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
4. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
5. Who is Billy's father?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)