|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) He is silent.
(b) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(c) "You fool!"
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He loves women.
(d) He drinks.
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(a) Losing the sextant.
(b) A tsunami.
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. What is a mutiny?
4. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
5. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)