|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) A tsunami.
(c) Losing the sextant.
2. What is a mutiny?
(a) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(b) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(c) A traditional sailor's dance.
(d) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) By winning their admiration.
(b) Bribing them.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
4. What often causes a mutiny?
(a) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
(b) A sudden gust of wind.
(d) Unhappy sailors.
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Biblical prophets.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Greek heros.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
2. Why do personalities seem clash more aboard a ship?
3. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like before they sail together on the Bellipotent?
4. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
5. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)