|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mutiny?
(a) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(b) A traditional sailor's dance.
(c) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(d) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A medallion.
(d) A star.
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(d) The United States.
4. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(b) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(c) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(d) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
5. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
(a) Billy often gets drunk when he goes on leave.
(b) Billy is a natural peacemaker.
(c) He suspects Billy is plotting a mutiny.
(d) He suspects Billy goes AWOL.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
3. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
4. Who is Billy Budd?
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)