|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
(b) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(c) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(d) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
2. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
3. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(a) Bligh's player.
4. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Graveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
4. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
5. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)