|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
(b) Red Whiskers.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. What is a mutiny?
(a) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(b) A traditional sailor's dance.
(c) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(d) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
3. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
(b) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
(c) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
(d) With unnecessary cruelty.
4. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(c) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(a) An odd genetic malfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
2. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
3. Which character is described in chapter 11 as being "down" on Billy?
4. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
5. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)