|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(b) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(c) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
2. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They erupt into a violent melee.
(b) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(c) They are fearfully silent.
(d) They quickly man their stations.
3. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
4. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
5. How old is Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
2. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
3. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
4. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
5. What is a mutiny?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)