|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) HMS Bellipotent.
(b) HMS Pinafore.
(d) The Theseus.
2. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Terror rules the masses.
(b) People only obey when forced to do so.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) Storms are balanced with calm days.
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(b) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(c) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
4. What is a possible cause for Claggart's behavior towards Billy?
5. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
(a) A sailor who is attractive, strong, ethical and a natural leader.
(b) The dashing sailor who has a girl in every port.
(c) The name of William Bligh's frigate.
(d) The name of Captain Graveling's merchant ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
2. What often causes a mutiny?
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
4. What is Billy and Claggart's relationship like after they begin working together on the Bellipotent?
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)