|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
(a) The name of Captain Graveling's merchant ship.
(b) The name of William Bligh's frigate.
(c) A sailor who is attractive, strong, ethical and a natural leader.
(d) The dashing sailor who has a girl in every port.
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(b) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(c) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(d) The ship's cat.
4. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
(a) Billy is a natural peacemaker.
(b) Billy often gets drunk when he goes on leave.
(c) He suspects Billy goes AWOL.
(d) He suspects Billy is plotting a mutiny.
5. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(d) He stutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
2. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
3. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)