|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) August of 1697.
(b) April of 1797.
(c) January of 1924.
(d) September of 1897.
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(b) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(c) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(d) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
3. What is a mutiny?
(a) A traditional sailor's dance.
(b) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(c) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(d) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
4. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(b) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(c) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is sad and gloomy.
(b) He is easily angered.
(c) He is cheerful and friendly.
(d) He is afraid of the older sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
3. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
4. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
5. How old is Billy?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)