|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Medieval knights.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Greek heros.
3. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(b) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(c) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(d) The ship's cat.
4. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(d) Bligh's player.
5. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(c) An odd genetic malfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
4. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
5. Who is Billy Budd?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)