|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He loves women.
2. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(c) Bligh's player.
3. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) With unnecessary cruelty.
(b) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
(c) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
(d) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) Terrorizing them into submission.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) By winning their admiration.
5. What often causes a mutiny?
(a) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
(c) A sudden gust of wind.
(d) Unhappy sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
2. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)