|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(b) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(c) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(d) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
2. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(b) The ship's cat.
(c) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(d) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The crossbow.
(c) The longbow.
(d) The sword.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) Bitter and morose.
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is cheerful and friendly.
(b) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(c) He is easily angered.
(d) He is sad and gloomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
3. What often causes a mutiny?
4. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
5. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)