|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He is conscripted into service.
(b) He wants to defend his country.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(b) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(c) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(d) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(b) HMS Bellipotent.
(c) The Theseus.
(d) HMS Pinafore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
5. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)