|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
(a) Gentleman Vere.
(c) Starry Vere.
(d) The Stalwart.
2. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
3. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Budd.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Life is unfair.
(b) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(c) People only obey when forced to do so.
(d) Terror rules the masses.
5. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(b) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) The ship's cat.
(d) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
3. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
5. Who is Billy Budd?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)