|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(c) He loves women.
(d) He stutters.
2. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(b) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(c) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(d) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(c) The United States.
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Biblical prophets.
(b) Greek heros.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Noble sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
2. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
3. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
4. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)