|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
2. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
(a) A bawdy tavern song.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A poem.
(d) A medallion.
3. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(c) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(d) Captain Bligh.
4. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(b) Bligh's player.
5. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(b) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(c) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
2. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
3. Who commands the Bellipotent in chapter six?
4. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
5. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)