|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
2. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
3. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
(a) The Stalwart.
(b) Starry Vere.
(d) Gentleman Vere.
4. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(b) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(d) The ship's cat.
5. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He wants to defend his country.
(b) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He is conscripted into service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
4. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
5. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)