|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Captain Vere?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his twenties.
2. What affliction plagues Billy when he is nervous?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He blushes.
(c) He sweats.
(d) He shakes.
3. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A feather hat.
(c) A chained gold medallion.
(d) His war medals.
4. Which philosopher is named by the narrator as being of particular interest to Captain Vere?
(a) John Locke.
(b) Michael de Montaigne.
(c) St. Thomas Aquinas.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the types of books that Captain Vere reads at sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Billy Budd's story take place?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
4. How old does the narrator estimate that Billy Budd is?
5. What does Andrew Marvell create that commemorates Captain Vere?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)