|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
(a) The name of William Bligh's frigate.
(b) A sailor who is attractive, strong, ethical and a natural leader.
(c) The dashing sailor who has a girl in every port.
(d) The name of Captain Graveling's merchant ship.
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A crescent moon.
(c) A star.
(d) An albatross.
3. What interesting fact is revealed about Billy Budd's childhood?
(a) He was one of seven sons.
(b) He was born through an immaculate conception.
(c) He was abandoned.
(d) He was a prince.
4. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
(a) A chained gold medallion.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A feather hat.
(d) His war medals.
5. What is the name of the one sailor who does not get along with Billy Budd on his old ship?
(a) Yellow Moustache.
(b) Baby Face.
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) Black Beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew Marvall's profession?
2. Who is Billy Budd?
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
5. Who is Red Whiskers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)