|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(d) He drinks.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(a) Riddled with inconsistencies.
3. What is a mutiny?
(a) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(b) A traditional sailor's dance.
(c) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(d) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
4. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(c) Losing the sextant.
(d) A tsunami.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
2. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
4. What often causes a mutiny?
5. What is Captain Vere cited for in West Indian waters?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)