|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) With unnecessary cruelty.
(b) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
(c) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
(d) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
5. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
(a) Billy often gets drunk when he goes on leave.
(b) He suspects Billy is plotting a mutiny.
(c) He suspects Billy goes AWOL.
(d) Billy is a natural peacemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
3. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
4. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)