|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(a) Riddled with inconsistencies.
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(d) An odd genetic malfunction.
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He wants to defend his country.
(b) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He is conscripted into service.
4. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A star.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A crescent moon.
5. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) People only obey when forced to do so.
(b) Life is unfair.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) Storms are balanced with calm days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
2. What is a mutiny?
3. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)