|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
2. What is a mutiny?
(a) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(b) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(c) A traditional sailor's dance.
(d) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(c) The United States.
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. What other name is a reference to Captain Vere?
(d) Bligh's player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
4. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)