|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Terrorizing them into submission.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) Bribing them.
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Noble sailors.
(b) Greek heros.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Medieval knights.
3. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
5. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
(a) With unnecessary cruelty.
(b) Strictly, but with fair consideration to the welfare of the sailors.
(c) In a relaxed fashion, almost too relaxed for Admiral Nelson.
(d) Through a monetary system of rewards and penalties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
2. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
4. What is Captain Vere's nickname?
5. What is a mutiny?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)