|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) August of 1697.
(d) January of 1924.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) Bribing them.
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He wants to defend his country.
(b) He is conscripted into service.
(c) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(d) His father is a naval Captain.
4. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) HMS Pinafore.
(c) HMS Bellipotent.
(d) The Theseus.
5. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)