|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Admiral Nelson's position aboard ship before he is promoted?
(a) Back Admiral.
(b) Front Admiral.
(c) Side Admiral.
(d) Rear Admiral.
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(c) A tsunami.
(d) Losing the sextant.
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Medieval knights.
(b) Biblical prophets.
(c) Noble sailors.
(d) Greek heros.
5. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) The Theseus.
(c) HMS Bellipotent.
(d) HMS Pinafore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's reaction to his new assignment to join the King's fleet?
2. How old is Billy?
3. In what year does Billy Budd's story take place?
4. After the introduction of sailor mutinies, what is the next technological advance that the narrator reflects on?
5. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)