|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What often causes a mutiny?
(b) A sudden gust of wind.
(c) Unhappy sailors.
(d) Sailors who drink too much and fight.
2. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) A thief and troublemaker.
(b) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
(c) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
(d) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
3. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He is conscripted into service.
(b) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He wants to defend his country.
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
3. What is a mutiny?
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
5. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)