|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) By winning their admiration.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) Bribing them.
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He is conscripted into service.
(b) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(c) His father is a naval Captain.
(d) He wants to defend his country.
3. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Noble sailors.
(b) Medieval knights.
(c) Greek heros.
(d) Biblical prophets.
5. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A trial.
(b) A democratic election.
(c) A revolution.
(d) A public execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
2. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
3. Who is Billy's father?
4. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)