|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
(a) HMS Pinafore.
(c) HMS Bellipotent.
(d) The Theseus.
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Biblical prophets.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Greek heros.
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is easily angered.
(b) He is sad and gloomy.
(c) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(d) He is cheerful and friendly.
4. Who is Billy's father?
(a) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
5. What is a mutiny?
(a) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(b) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
(c) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(d) A traditional sailor's dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
3. Who is Billy Budd?
4. Where does the first recorded mutiny of the British Navy occur?
5. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)