|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(a) Losing the sextant.
(b) A tsunami.
3. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
(a) The name of William Bligh's frigate.
(b) A sailor who is attractive, strong, ethical and a natural leader.
(c) The dashing sailor who has a girl in every port.
(d) The name of Captain Graveling's merchant ship.
4. How old is Billy?
5. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) January of 1924.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) August of 1697.
(d) April of 1797.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Red Whiskers?
2. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
3. What is a mutiny?
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
5. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)