|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Bligh.
2. How old does the narrator estimate that Billy Budd is?
3. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Noble sailors.
(b) Medieval knights.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Greek heros.
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Life is unfair.
(b) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
5. What interesting fact is revealed about Billy Budd's childhood?
(a) He was born through an immaculate conception.
(b) He was a prince.
(c) He was one of seven sons.
(d) He was abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason that the narrator gives for the sailors' mutinies in history?
2. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
3. Returning to the mutinies of 1797, how many of the sailors' requests are met by those in charge?
4. Why does Billy join the British navy?
5. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)