|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Medieval knights.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Greek heros.
3. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) January of 1924.
(b) August of 1697.
(c) September of 1897.
(d) April of 1797.
4. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A public execution.
(b) A democratic election.
(c) A trial.
(d) A revolution.
5. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) His father is a naval Captain.
(b) He is conscripted into service.
(c) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(d) He wants to defend his country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
2. What one item changes the face of warfare?
3. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
4. Who is Red Whiskers?
5. Why doesn't Captain Graveling want Billy to leave the ship?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)