|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A medallion.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A star.
2. Why does Billy join the British navy?
(a) He wants to defend his country.
(b) His best friend is joining up and convinces him to follow.
(c) He is conscripted into service.
(d) His father is a naval Captain.
3. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) August of 1697.
(b) January of 1924.
(c) September of 1897.
(d) April of 1797.
4. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) The ship's cat.
(b) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(c) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(d) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) Bribing them.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) By winning their admiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
2. What is a mutiny?
3. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. Who is Billy's father?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)