|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A star.
(d) A medallion.
2. Who is Red Whiskers?
(a) Billy's big, shaggy red-haired friend.
(b) The Captain of the Rights-of-Man
(c) The ship's cat.
(d) The Captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
3. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
4. What is a mutiny?
(a) A traditional sailor's dance.
(b) A trial held at sea by the capain and three officers.
(c) A legal election process in which the captain of a vessel is replaced.
(d) When subordinate sailors attempt to illegally sieze control of a ship.
5. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(c) An odd genetic malfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy join the British navy?
2. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
3. Who is Billy Budd?
4. Which naval ship does Billy serve on?
5. What one item changes the face of warfare?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)