|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Handsome Sailor"?
(a) The dashing sailor who has a girl in every port.
(b) The name of William Bligh's frigate.
(c) The name of Captain Graveling's merchant ship.
(d) A sailor who is attractive, strong, ethical and a natural leader.
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. Who is Billy Budd?
(a) A young native African who dresses in colorful clothes.
(b) A young fair-skinned, blue eyed foretopman.
(c) The captain of the HMS Bellipotent.
(d) A thief and troublemaker.
4. When does the Spithead mutiny occur?
(a) April of 1797.
(b) September of 1897.
(c) January of 1924.
(d) August of 1697.
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(b) He is easily angered.
(c) He is cheerful and friendly.
(d) He is sad and gloomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
4. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
5. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)