Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim these new technologies in battle lead to?
(a) A more barbaric battle.
(b) A more poetic battle.
(c) A less barbaric battle.
(d) A less poetic battle.
2. Returning to the mutinies of 1797, how many of the sailors' requests are met by those in charge?
(a) All of the requests were met.
(b) None of the requests were met.
(c) Some, but not all requests were met.
(d) The story does not say how many requests were met.
3. Where does Billy's execution take place?
(a) In the main yards.
(b) Atop the mast.
(c) In the lower decks.
(d) On the starboard.
4. How does Billy respond to the man's bribe?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is intrigued.
5. In which article are the events on the Bellipotent published?
(a) "Mutiny on the High Seas."
(b) "Insurrection Prevented."
(c) "News from the Mediterranean."
(d) "A Tale from the Royal Navy."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is discipline maintained on the Bellipotent?
2. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
3. Whom do the officers want to contact?
4. Who comes to inspect Claggart's dead body?
5. What punishment does Billy Budd witness being given to a young sailor aboard ship?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)