Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many historical mutinies does the narrator tell the reader about?
2. In Chapter Three, while informing the reader about the histories of the sea, what does the narrator say about the sailors who mutinied against their captains in the historic mutinies that are mentioned?
(a) That they were quickly overpowered.
(b) That they redeemed themselves.
(c) That they were never forgiven.
(d) That they died at sea.
3. What is Billy's reaction to the way that Claggart looks at him?
(a) Billy is amused by Claggart's expressions.
(b) Billy does not notice Claggart's expressions.
(c) Billy is excited by Claggart's expressions.
(d) Billy is frightened by Claggart's expressions.
4. What word does Claggart use to describe the spill?
5. What does the narrator explain that Claggart's eyes do when Billy Budd is not looking?
(a) They fill with tears.
(b) They narrow suspiciously.
(c) They fill with fire.
(d) They clench in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
3. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
4. How can most of the information that is being fed to Claggart be classified?
5. Which of the following best describes Captain Vere's attitude?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)