|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
(a) The manner in which Claggart dies suddenly.
(b) The morale of the crew.
(c) The impending storms on the horizon.
(d) The manner in which the captain is handling Claggart's death.
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Life is unfair.
(b) People only obey when forced to do so.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) Storms are balanced with calm days.
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(a) Riddled with inconsistencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react to his impending doom?
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
4. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
5. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)