|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Stab him with a paring knife.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Throw him overboard.
(d) Give him a hug.
2. What is standard procedure in the event of a suspected murder at sea?
(a) Call a court of officers, render and carry out judgement.
(b) Allow the crew to deal with the accused.
(c) Ice the victim and flog the accused.
(d) Confine the accused and contact the admiral.
3. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Greek heros.
(b) Biblical prophets.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Noble sailors.
4. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Captain Vere.
5. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) A possible fight.
(b) The changing weather.
(c) A possible mutiny.
(d) His behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
2. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
3. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
4. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
5. How old is Billy?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)