|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(b) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(c) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(d) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
2. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Terror rules the masses.
(b) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
4. What does Billy never do before?
(b) Speak to the captain.
(c) Be associated with evil.
(d) Tell a lie.
5. Why doesn't the surgeon question the captain's orders?
(a) Disobeying orders is mutiny.
(b) He is dim-witted and cannot see any problem.
(c) He has great respect for the captain.
(d) He fears the captain might shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
4. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
5. Why does the captain ask Claggart to confront Billy?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)