|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
(a) A keelhauling.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A scourging.
(d) His promotion.
2. How old is Billy?
3. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) Losing the sextant.
(c) A tsunami.
4. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
(a) With compassion.
(b) With contempt.
(c) He ignores Billy's presence.
(d) He breates his behavior.
5. Why does the Captain feel that Billy must be punished?
(a) The captain is trying to cover up his own mistakes.
(b) Because someone must pay for Claggart's death.
(c) Because Billy is a malicious murderer.
(d) To prevent a mutiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
2. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
4. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
5. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)