|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(b) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(c) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(d) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
2. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Throw him overboard.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Give him a hug.
(d) Stab him with a paring knife.
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) By winning their admiration.
4. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
(a) The first lieutenant
(b) The master-at-arms.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) The captain of marines.
5. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(c) Bitter and morose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain feel that Billy must be punished?
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
3. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
4. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
5. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)