|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's execution take place?
(a) In the lower decks.
(b) Atop the mast.
(c) In the main yards.
(d) On the starboard.
2. What interesting fact is revealed about Billy Budd's childhood?
(a) He was a prince.
(b) He was abandoned.
(c) He was one of seven sons.
(d) He was born through an immaculate conception.
3. How does Billy feel about the meeting with the mysterious man the next morning, when he wakes up?
(a) He is disturbed by it.
(b) He is amused by it.
(c) He is angered by it.
(d) He has forgotten about it.
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Paranoid and superstitious
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Relaxed and friendly.
5. To whom does the surgeon voice his opinion about the Captain's judgment, after he has helped moved Claggart's body?
(a) Billy Budd.
(c) The lieutenants.
(d) The Admiral
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnesses the Captain exiting Billy Budd's holding room after delivering the news of his impending execution?
2. Which of the following words does NOT describe Claggart's appearance?
3. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
4. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
5. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)