|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
(a) "God bless Captain Vere!"
(b) "Why has thou forsaken me?"
(c) "Handsomely done, my lads!"
(d) "Be aware, all ye sinners!"
2. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
(a) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(b) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(c) The chief mate and the bosun.
(d) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
3. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) Bribing them.
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the chaplain try to intervene on Billy's behalf?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
4. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
5. Who tells Billy of his sentence?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)