|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claggart die?
(a) The valet stabs him.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) Billy hits him.
(d) Captain Vere shoots him.
2. What appears to end in chapter 17?
(a) The dirty tricks.
(b) The journey.
(c) The storm.
(d) Billy and Claggart's friendship.
3. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
4. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
(a) "God bless Captain Vere!"
(b) "Why has thou forsaken me?"
(c) "Be aware, all ye sinners!"
(d) "Handsomely done, my lads!"
5. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
2. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
3. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
4. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
5. Whom do the officers want to contact?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)