|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Terrorizing them into submission.
(d) Bribing them.
2. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) The Dansker.
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(d) He drinks.
4. How does the sailor Billy threatened in chapter 14 react to Billy in chapter 15?
(a) He is very aggressive.
(b) He is timid.
(c) He is very friendly.
(d) He refuses to look Billy in the eye.
5. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) The afterguardsman.
(d) John Claggart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
2. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
3. What does Captain Vere tell the surgeon to call?
4. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
5. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)