|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
(a) Leave the ship.
(b) Have a stiff drink.
(c) Follow standard procedure.
(d) Bury Claggart at sea.
2. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He whispers his consent.
(b) He whoops and shouts for joy.
(c) He stutters a refusal.
(d) He screams in anger.
3. Where does Captain Vere send Billy after Claggart's death?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To a stateroom.
(c) To the brig.
(d) To the crow's nest.
4. What sentence does the court render in chapter 23?
5. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
(a) The first lieutenant
(b) The captain of marines.
(c) The master-at-arms.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
2. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
3. Which character is known for this neat, careful dress?
4. Who is Billy's father?
5. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)