|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the chaplain try to intervene on Billy's behalf?
(a) He feels that Billy deserves punishment.
(b) He is afraid of the captain.
(c) Military law is more powerful than his religious influence.
(d) Because Billy does not talk to him.
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He stutters.
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(c) Riddled with inconsistencies.
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Terror rules the masses.
(b) People only obey when forced to do so.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) Storms are balanced with calm days.
5. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
(c) A package of dates.
(d) The wrong rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
2. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
4. What is Billy's position on the ship?
5. What sentence does the court render in chapter 23?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)