|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) The Dansker.
2. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
(a) He does not acknowledge Billy's presence.
(b) He clears his throat and looks down.
(c) He moves aside and nods hello.
(d) His eyes flash and his face reddens.
3. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
4. What odd weather appears the moment of Billy's death?
(a) A vapory fleece.
(b) A green sky.
(c) Heat lightning.
(d) A rumbling storm.
5. Which character is known for his simplicity and naiveté?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
2. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
3. What does Billy cry out a moment before his punishment is carried out?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)