|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dansker suspect is trying to get Billy Budd in trouble?
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Red Whiskers.
2. Why does the crew assemble together in chapter 25?
(a) To witness a keelhauling.
(b) To witness an execution.
(c) To protest Billy's punishment.
(d) To witness a flogging.
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) The changing weather.
(b) A possible mutiny.
(c) His behavior.
(d) A possible fight.
4. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) Red Whiskers.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) John Claggart.
5. Why does Billy think that he is being called into the Captain's chambers in Chapter 19?
(a) To spy on the enemy ship.
(b) To be questioned about the mutiny.
(c) To receive a promotion.
(d) To report about the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
2. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
3. How do the other sailors aboard the ship react to Captain Vere's collection?
4. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
5. What does Claggart understand about BIlly's character that drives him further into envy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)