|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(b) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(c) Bitter and morose.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
2. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) His behavior.
(b) A possible fight.
(c) The changing weather.
(d) A possible mutiny.
3. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) Red Whiskers.
4. Where is Billy confined in chapter 24?
(a) In the brig.
(b) In the captain's stateroom.
(c) Between two guns.
(d) In the cargo hold.
5. What does the chaplain feel is better than religion for facing judgment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chaplain give Billy in chapter 24?
2. Why doesn't the surgeon question the captain's orders?
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
5. Why does the captain ask Claggart to confront Billy?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)