|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Vere appear after he leaves Billy in chapter 22?
(d) Resigned to fate.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Relaxed and friendly.
(d) Paranoid and superstitious
3. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(b) He is silent.
(c) "You fool!"
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
4. Which character is known for his cheerful disposition?
(a) Billy Budd.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) John Claggart.
5. Which two characters are contrasted in chapter 12?
(a) Billy and Claggart.
(b) The Dansker and Red Whiskers.
(c) Captain Vere and Claggart.
(d) Captain Vere and Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
2. Who encourages the court to consider the death penalty during Billy's trial?
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
4. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
5. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)