|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Vere treat Billy in chapter 22?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With compassion.
(c) He ignores Billy's presence.
(d) He breates his behavior.
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A star.
(d) A crescent moon.
3. What concerns the officers in chapter 20?
(a) The manner in which the captain is handling Claggart's death.
(b) The manner in which Claggart dies suddenly.
(c) The impending storms on the horizon.
(d) The morale of the crew.
4. Why does the captain ask Claggart to confront Billy?
(a) To see if Claggart is brave enough for promotion.
(b) Because he is afraid of Billy.
(c) Confronting Billy breaks the captain's heart.
(d) To see which man is telling the truth.
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Terrorizing them into submission.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) By winning their admiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
2. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)