|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "cat's paw"?
(a) A person who does another's dirty work.
(b) The joint between the mainsail and the topsail.
(c) Slang for an anchor.
(d) A part of a cat.
2. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The sword.
(b) The longbow.
(c) The crossbow.
3. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A trial.
(c) A public execution.
(d) A democratic election.
4. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
(a) Follow standard procedure.
(b) Have a stiff drink.
(c) Bury Claggart at sea.
(d) Leave the ship.
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
2. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
3. Where does the crew assemble in chapter 25?
4. How does Billy respond to Claggart's accusation?
5. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)