|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
(b) A package of dates.
(c) The wrong rope.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
3. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Throw him overboard.
(b) Give him a hug.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Stab him with a paring knife.
4. How does the sailor Billy threatened in chapter 14 react to Billy in chapter 15?
(a) He is very aggressive.
(b) He refuses to look Billy in the eye.
(c) He is timid.
(d) He is very friendly.
5. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(a) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react to his impending doom?
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
3. Why does the crew assemble together in chapter 25?
4. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
5. In chapter 20, what does the surgeon want to do?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)