|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Billy?
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(a) Losing the sextant.
(d) A tsunami.
3. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(b) An odd genetic malfunction.
4. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
(a) He knocks over a full bucket in front of the captain.
(b) He falls asleep while on watch.
(c) He is caught eating in the crow's nest.
(d) Someone is playing tricks on him that get him in trouble.
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is easily angered.
(b) He is sad and gloomy.
(c) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(d) He is cheerful and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
5. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)