|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(b) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(c) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
(d) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(a) Riddled with inconsistencies.
4. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He loves women.
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(c) Dry and bookish.
(d) Paranoid and superstitious
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy's father?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)