|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which philosopher is named by the narrator as being of particular interest to Captain Vere?
(a) Michael de Montaigne.
(b) St. Thomas Aquinas.
(d) John Locke.
2. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Red Whiskers.
3. How do the other sailors aboard the ship react to Captain Vere's collection?
(a) They are angered by it.
(b) They are excited by it.
(c) They are apathetic to it.
(d) They are saddened by it.
4. What is Admiral Nelson's position aboard ship before he is promoted?
(a) Rear Admiral.
(b) Front Admiral.
(c) Side Admiral.
(d) Back Admiral.
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
2. What affliction plagues Billy when he is nervous?
3. Why is Admiral Nelson chosen to be promoted as captain of the mutinous ship?
4. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
5. What Greek god is Billy continually compared to?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)