|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson win over the trust of his men?
(a) By allowing them to run their own ship.
(b) Through beating them into submission.
(c) Through his heroic personality.
(d) By fining the men who broke his rules.
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(b) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
3. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
(a) Billy Boy.
(b) Prince William.
(d) Baby Budd.
4. Which philosopher is named by the narrator as being of particular interest to Captain Vere?
(b) Michael de Montaigne.
(c) St. Thomas Aquinas.
(d) John Locke.
5. What Greek god is Billy continually compared to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mutiny that leads to Admiral Nelson's promotion?
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What does Billy Budd swear after witnessing the punishment of the young sailor?
4. What does the narrator claim these new technologies in battle lead to?
5. What is Admiral Nelson's position aboard ship before he is promoted?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)