|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Bribing them.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) By winning their admiration.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
2. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(c) An odd genetic malfunction.
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(b) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(c) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(d) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Greek heros.
(b) Biblical prophets.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Noble sailors.
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(a) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
4. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
5. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)