|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
2. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A trial.
(b) A democratic election.
(c) A public execution.
(d) A revolution.
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Paranoid and superstitious
(c) Dry and bookish.
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
(a) He is sad and gloomy.
(b) He is afraid of the older sailors.
(c) He is cheerful and friendly.
(d) He is easily angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
4. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
5. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)