|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) By winning their admiration.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) Terrorizing them into submission.
3. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(b) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(c) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(d) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
4. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(a) An odd genetic malfunction.
5. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
5. What one item changes the face of warfare?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)