|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
(b) A tsunami.
(d) Losing the sextant.
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Medieval knights.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Greek heros.
(d) Biblical prophets.
3. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
(a) Someone is playing tricks on him that get him in trouble.
(b) He is caught eating in the crow's nest.
(c) He falls asleep while on watch.
(d) He knocks over a full bucket in front of the captain.
4. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Terrorizing them into submission.
(b) The threat of death.
(c) Bribing them.
(d) By winning their admiration.
5. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(b) Life is unfair.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billy?
2. What is Billy's one weakness?
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
4. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
5. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)