|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
(a) He is caught eating in the crow's nest.
(b) He falls asleep while on watch.
(c) He knocks over a full bucket in front of the captain.
(d) Someone is playing tricks on him that get him in trouble.
2. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
(a) Prince William.
(b) Baby Budd.
(c) Billy Boy.
3. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(c) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) One filled with a just a few close friends.
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(b) People only obey when forced to do so.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) Life is unfair.
5. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The longbow.
(b) The sword.
(d) The crossbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billy?
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
4. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)