|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(b) Terror rules the masses.
(c) People only obey when forced to do so.
(d) Life is unfair.
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
3. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(d) The United States.
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Greek heros.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Medieval knights.
(d) Biblical prophets.
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(c) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. How old is Billy?
4. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)