|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
2. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Life is unfair.
(b) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(c) Terror rules the masses.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
3. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
(a) A trial.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A public execution.
(d) A democratic election.
4. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Greek heros.
(b) Noble sailors.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Medieval knights.
5. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Graveling.
(d) Captain Bligh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
2. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
3. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
4. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
5. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)