|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A medallion.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A star.
(d) A crescent moon.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(d) Riddled with inconsistencies.
3. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
(a) A keelhauling.
(b) A scourging.
(c) His promotion.
(d) A hanging.
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(b) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) One filled with a just a few close friends.
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Noble sailors.
(b) Greek heros.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Medieval knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
3. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)