|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) The threat of death.
(b) Terrorizing them into submission.
(c) By winning their admiration.
(d) Bribing them.
2. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
(a) Greek heros.
(b) Medieval knights.
(c) Biblical prophets.
(d) Noble sailors.
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(b) An odd genetic malfunction.
5. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
(a) Billy Boy.
(c) Prince William.
(d) Baby Budd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
4. Who is responsible for the tricks being played on Billy?
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)