|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Paranoid and superstitious
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Relaxed and friendly.
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
2. How old is Billy?
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(b) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(c) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(d) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
4. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(b) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(c) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(d) Biography, History and Classical authors.
5. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
2. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
4. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
5. Which types of historical figures are often compared to Billy?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)