|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A star.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A medallion.
3. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(c) Chief Mate.
4. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(b) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(c) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(d) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Relaxed and friendly.
(c) Paranoid and superstitious
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
2. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
3. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
4. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
5. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)