|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
(c) An odd genetic malfunction.
2. What nickname does Billy's older friend give him?
(b) Baby Budd.
(c) Billy Boy.
(d) Prince William.
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Paranoid and superstitious
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
4. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Bligh.
5. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
(a) To handle the sails on the foremast.
(b) To maintain order on the lower gun decks.
(c) To plan the day's work and assign tasks to the deck crew.
(d) To be responsible for the ship's cargo and crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
4. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
5. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)