|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy's father?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(d) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
2. How does Admiral Nelson keep his sailors under control?
(a) Terrorizing them into submission.
(b) Bribing them.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) By winning their admiration.
3. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(b) Bitter and morose.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Vere.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Graveling.
5. What is Billy's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
2. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
5. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)