|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(b) Bitter and morose.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(c) Riddled with inconsistencies.
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's position on the ship?
2. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
3. In chapter two, how does Billy react to his new shipmates?
4. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
5. What event motivates Billy to excel in his duties?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)