|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Billy?
2. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) Terror rules the masses.
(b) Life is unfair.
(c) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(d) People only obey when forced to do so.
3. What is Billy's one weakness?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He gets seasick during rough weather.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He stutters.
4. Who is Billy's father?
(a) George Budd, a merchant sailor.
(b) Captain Graveling.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) He is a foundling, and doesn't know his father.
5. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The sword.
(c) The longbow.
(d) The crossbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
2. What event occurring on land mirrors a naval mutiny?
3. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)