|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A medallion.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A star.
2. How do the other sailors react to Billy Budd's dedication to his job?
(a) They despise him.
(b) They congratulate him.
(c) They admire him.
(d) They laugh at him.
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
(a) People only obey when forced to do so.
(b) Storms are balanced with calm days.
(c) Life is unfair.
(d) Terror rules the masses.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the types of books that Captain Vere reads at sea?
5. What punishment does Billy Budd witness being given to a young sailor aboard ship?
(a) The sailor is hung from the sails.
(b) The sailor is whipped.
(c) The sailor is stoned.
(d) The sailor is thrown overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction plagues Billy when he is nervous?
2. What is Billy's responsibility on board the ship?
3. How is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson killed?
4. Which country is described as ruling the seas?
5. What reason does the narrator give for the potential motivation that Captain Vere has for collecting the unusual items from land?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)