|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He whispers his consent.
(b) He screams in anger.
(c) He whoops and shouts for joy.
(d) He stutters a refusal.
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They quickly man their stations.
(b) They are fearfully silent.
(c) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(d) They erupt into a violent melee.
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(c) Riddled with inconsistencies.
5. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(c) Bitter and morose.
(d) One filled with a just a few close friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
3. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
4. What one item changes the face of warfare?
5. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)