|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He whispers his consent.
(b) He whoops and shouts for joy.
(c) He stutters a refusal.
(d) He screams in anger.
2. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They are fearfully silent.
(b) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(c) They quickly man their stations.
(d) They erupt into a violent melee.
3. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Vere.
(d) Captain Graveling.
4. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
(a) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(b) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(c) The chief mate and the bosun.
(d) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
5. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
(a) A special forces troop.
(b) A chess club.
(c) A mutiny.
(d) His ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
2. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
3. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)