|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) The afterguardsman.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) John Claggart.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Dry and bookish.
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Paranoid and superstitious
3. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He hits Claggart in the face.
(c) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(d) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
4. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(b) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(c) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(d) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
5. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) He is silent.
(b) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(c) "You fool!"
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
2. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
3. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
4. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
5. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)