|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(b) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(c) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
(d) Bitter and morose.
2. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
(a) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(b) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(c) The chief mate and the bosun.
(d) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
3. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is on watch.
(c) He is mending the topsail.
(d) He is smoking.
4. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A star.
5. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
(a) The wrong rope.
(b) A package of dates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to end in chapter 17?
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
3. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
4. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)