|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(b) Bitter and morose.
(c) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
2. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
(a) He whoops and shouts for joy.
(b) He screams in anger.
(c) He stutters a refusal.
(d) He whispers his consent.
3. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) The afterguardsman.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) John Claggart.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
4. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
5. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)