|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) Red Whiskers.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Paranoid and superstitious
(b) Relaxed and friendly.
(c) Dry and bookish.
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
3. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
(a) A chess club.
(b) A special forces troop.
(c) His ministry.
(d) A mutiny.
4. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(b) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(c) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(d) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
5. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Vere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
2. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
3. What one item changes the face of warfare?
4. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
5. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)