|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(b) The chief mate and the bosun.
(c) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(d) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
2. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
3. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(c) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(d) He hits Claggart in the face.
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(c) Riddled with inconsistencies.
5. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Bligh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to end in chapter 17?
2. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
3. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
4. What one item changes the face of warfare?
5. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)