|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
2. How do the rest of the sailors respond to Claggart's reaction over Billy Budd's spill?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They have no reaction.
(d) They are terrified.
3. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Give him a hug.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Stab him with a paring knife.
(d) Throw him overboard.
4. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
5. What does the narrator claim these new technologies in battle lead to?
(a) A less poetic battle.
(b) A more poetic battle.
(c) A less barbaric battle.
(d) A more barbaric battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
2. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
3. After the introduction of sailor mutinies, what is the next technological advance that the narrator reflects on?
4. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
5. How do the other sailors aboard the ship react to Captain Vere's collection?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)