|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "You fool!"
(b) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(c) He is silent.
(d) "The fates are agin' us!"
2. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
3. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
(a) He does not acknowledge Billy's presence.
(b) His eyes flash and his face reddens.
(c) He moves aside and nods hello.
(d) He clears his throat and looks down.
4. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) The afterguardsman.
5. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(c) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(d) He hits Claggart in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
2. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
3. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
4. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
5. What appears to end in chapter 17?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)