|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decoration marks the Victory's quarterdeck?
(a) A medallion.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A star.
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(b) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(c) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(d) The chief mate and the bosun.
4. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "The fates are agin' us!"
(b) "You fool!"
(c) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
(d) He is silent.
5. What appears to end in chapter 17?
(a) The dirty tricks.
(b) Billy and Claggart's friendship.
(c) The storm.
(d) The journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
2. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
3. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
4. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
5. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)