|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He runs to the captain.
(b) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(c) He thinks Claggart likes him.
(d) He hits Claggart in the face.
2. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
(a) The wrong rope.
(c) A package of dates.
3. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Admiral Nelson.
4. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
(a) John Claggart.
(b) The Dansker.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) The afterguardsman.
5. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(b) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
(c) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(d) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
2. Which battle does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
4. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
5. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)