|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(b) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(c) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
(d) The chief mate and the bosun.
2. What one item changes the face of warfare?
(a) The sword.
(c) The crossbow.
(d) The longbow.
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Stab him with a paring knife.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Give him a hug.
(d) Throw him overboard.
5. What appears to end in chapter 17?
(a) The storm.
(b) The dirty tricks.
(c) Billy and Claggart's friendship.
(d) The journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
3. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
4. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
5. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)