|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(b) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(c) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(d) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
2. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Stab him with a paring knife.
(b) Tie him up.
(c) Give him a hug.
(d) Throw him overboard.
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Relaxed and friendly.
(b) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(c) Paranoid and superstitious
(d) Dry and bookish.
4. In chapter 14, how does Billy react to the sailor's request?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
5. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Admiral Nelson.
(d) Captain Bligh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes very friendly towards Billy in chapter 17?
2. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
3. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
4. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
5. What appears to end in chapter 17?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)