|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sailor in chapter 14 want Billy to join?
(a) A chess club.
(b) His ministry.
(c) A mutiny.
(d) A special forces troop.
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Paranoid and superstitious
(b) Relaxed and friendly.
(c) Dry and bookish.
(d) Obnoxious and temperamental..
3. Which two characters are Claggart's messmates?
(a) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(b) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(c) The chief mate and the bosun.
(d) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
4. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(b) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(c) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
(d) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
5. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
(a) He moves aside and nods hello.
(b) He clears his throat and looks down.
(c) He does not acknowledge Billy's presence.
(d) His eyes flash and his face reddens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
2. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
3. When does the incident in chapter 10 occur?
4. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
5. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)