|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters begin to suspect Billy of wrongdoing?
(a) The master-at-arms and the chief mate.
(b) The chief mate and the bosun.
(c) The armorer and the captain of the hold.
(d) Captain Vere and the master-at-arms.
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Captain Graveling.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Vere.
3. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
(a) Very firm convictions and a slightly pedantic outlook.
(b) The penchant for waxing philosophical while on deck.
(c) An air of superiority about the technical aspects of the ship.
(d) An unhealthy interest in omens and the supernatural.
4. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
(a) He is on watch.
(b) He is mending the topsail.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is smoking.
5. What does Billy threaten to do to the sailor in chapter 14?
(a) Give him a hug.
(b) Stab him with a paring knife.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Throw him overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
2. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
3. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
4. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
5. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)