|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) He begins to curse and shout at Claggart.
(b) He hits Claggart in the face.
(c) He runs to the captain.
(d) He thinks Claggart likes him.
2. Which famous character does the Victory's quarterdeck decoration commemorate?
(a) Admiral Nelson.
(b) Captain Vere.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Graveling.
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
(a) They laugh the incident off as a joke.
(b) They erupt into a violent melee.
(c) They quickly man their stations.
(d) They are fearfully silent.
4. What is Captain Vere's favorite hobby?
5. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
(a) The topsail rips in a sudden gust of wind.
(b) An empty bucket rolls down the gangplank and hits the captain.
(c) Soup is spilled when the ship lurches.
(d) The entire crew is disciplined for one sailor's error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one item changes the face of warfare?
2. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
3. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
4. In chapter 17, how does Claggart react when he and Billy suddenly meet?
5. What attitude does Captain Vere gain from his studies?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)