|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of personal life does Captain Vere lead?
(a) Bitter and morose.
(c) One filled with a just a few close friends.
(d) One filled with many friends and jovialty.
2. Which types of books does Captain Vere prefer?
(a) Greek mythology and seafaring stories.
(b) Biography, History and Classical authors.
(c) Shakespearean dramas and Romance novels.
(d) Technical manuals and Mathematical theorems.
3. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
(b) Riddled with inconsistencies.
4. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's personality?
(a) Dry and bookish.
(b) Paranoid and superstitious
(c) Obnoxious and temperamental..
(d) Relaxed and friendly.
5. How does Claggart respond to the incident in chapter 10?
(a) "The fates are agin' us!"
(b) "You fool!"
(c) He is silent.
(d) "Handsomely done, my lad!"
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, what does Billy say to the sailor?
2. What uncomfortable incident occurs in chapter 10?
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
4. What does another sailor try to give Billy in chapter 14?
5. Why is Billy on the uppermost deck in chapter 14?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)