|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) A possible fight.
(b) His behavior.
(c) A possible mutiny.
(d) The changing weather.
2. What does Billy never do before?
(a) Tell a lie.
(b) Speak to the captain.
(d) Be associated with evil.
3. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
(a) Red Whiskers.
(b) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) John Claggart.
4. Where is John Claggart buried?
(a) At sea.
(c) The coast of Timon.
(d) The isle of Mann.
5. In chapter 23, when is the crew called together?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At dogwatch.
(c) An hour past dogwatch.
(d) An hour before dogwatch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "cat's paw"?
2. Who is allowed to communicate with Billy in chapter 23?
3. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
4. What does Captain Vere tell his crew in chapter 23?
5. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)