|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
3. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(d) Chief Mate.
4. What does Billy never do before?
(a) Be associated with evil.
(b) Tell a lie.
(c) Speak to the captain.
5. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
(a) Through his exemplary behavior and austere patriotism.
(b) Through a series of bribes.
(c) He blackmails his superiors.
(d) Unbeknownst to the crew, he is related to the captian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dogwatch?
2. What does Captain Vere tell his crew in chapter 23?
3. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
4. Where is John Claggart buried?
5. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)