|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to communicate with Billy in chapter 23?
(a) The chaplain.
(b) Red Whiskers.
(c) The Dansker.
(d) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
2. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(c) Chief Mate.
3. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) The changing weather.
(b) A possible fight.
(c) A possible mutiny.
(d) His behavior.
4. How is John Claggart's appearance described in chapter eight?
(a) Dark and swarthy with long black hair.
(b) Pale and effeminate with curly black hair.
(c) Handsome and strong with blue eyes and blond hair.
(d) Pale and fat with dark red hair.
5. Where is John Claggart buried?
(a) The coast of Timon.
(b) The isle of Mann.
(c) At sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is dogwatch?
2. How old is Jon Claggart when he enters the Navy?
3. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
4. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
5. What is a "cat's paw"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)