|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to communicate with Billy in chapter 23?
(a) The Dansker.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(d) Red Whiskers.
2. In chapter 15, what does Billy think he should report to the captain?
(a) The changing weather.
(b) A possible mutiny.
(c) A possible fight.
(d) His behavior.
3. When is Billy due to be executed?
(a) At midnight.
(b) After a legal trial on shore.
(c) As soon as the ship lands.
(d) In the early morning watch.
4. What is John Claggart's position on the ship?
(b) Chief Mate.
5. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
(a) Lieutenant Ratcliffe.
(b) John Claggart.
(c) Red Whiskers.
(d) The Dansker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 23, when is the crew called together?
2. Where is John Claggart buried?
3. What is a "cat's paw"?
4. In chapter 15, which character appears to be conspiring to destroy Billy's character?
5. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)