|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is John Claggart?
2. Which of the following is NOT used to describe John Claggart?
(a) No facial hair.
(b) Curly black hair.
(c) Protruding stomach.
(d) Pale skin.
3. At what time are the sailors called to hear an announcement?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
4. Who does Billy Budd seek guidance from, in regards to the potential mutiny?
(a) Captain Vere.
5. What is Billy Budd worried will happen to him if he tells the Captain about the potential mutiny?
(a) That the mutiny will take place before he has a chance to inform anyone.
(b) That the other sailors will view him as a tattletale.
(c) That Captain Vere will not believe him.
(d) That the mysterious man will kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is John Claggart's background a mystery to the crew?
2. How does John Claggart earn his promotions?
3. In chapter 15, which character is Billy's confidant?
4. Who does Dansker say is behind the potential mutiny?
5. What does the narrator think about the gossip coming from the sailors in regards to John Claggart's history?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)