|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name?
2. How much does Vivian want to place on the roulette table?
3. What number does the ball land on?
4. How many time does Marlowe shoot Canino?
5. Who does Canino want to find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Marlowe and Vivian:
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Cahndler's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)