|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator call in London in Chapter 30?
2. What does the narrator envision his friends as in Chapter 36?
3. What does the narrator liken riding in the jeep to in Chapter 33?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A cradle.
(d) A teapot.
4. At what time do the narrator and his friends arrive at Cody's in Chapter 33?
(a) Eleven p.m.
(c) Two a.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
5. What aspect of Perry creeps out the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he wished Cody would be in Chapter 25?
2. Who does the narrator say is dead and that the sea took in Chapter 34?
3. What color eyes does Billie have?
4. What does the narrator see in a vision in Chapter 37?
5. What does one of the men say in the narrator's dream is in their sugar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's state in Chapter 36? What is taking place at the cabin?
2. What does Jack reveal through exposition regarding Cody and Evelyn in Chapter 23?
3. What does Jack compare the visions he sees in Chapter 37 to?
4. What does Jack dream of in Chapter 37?
5. What do Jack and Billie talk about in Chapter 34? What realization does he have in this chapter?
6. What does Jack do once Billie has left for work in Chapter 27? Who does he meet?
7. Who arrives at the cabin in the beginning of Chapter 23?
8. What does Cody propose to Jack in Chapter 24 regarding Willamine?
9. What does Jack suggest to Billie regarding their relationship in Chapter 31?
10. What does Jack write of his wishes for Cody to be a writer in Chapter 25?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)