|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say advised, "Drink a lot of water," in Chapter 36?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Edgar Cayce.
(d) Dr. Polmeroy.
2. Where does the narrator tell Billie she should go in Chapter 35?
(b) A nunnery.
(c) New York.
3. What Frank Sinatra song does the narrator sing in Chapter 31?
(a) It's Tonight.
(b) Just Friends.
(c) Tomorrow Night.
(d) Blue Moon.
4. Whose house does Billie's friend take the narrator to in Chapter 28?
(a) A poet's.
(b) A musician's.
(c) A general's.
(d) A photographer's.
5. What does the narrator say he wished Cody would be in Chapter 25?
(a) A singer.
(b) A cowboy.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the group drive south to visit in Chapter 21?
2. Who does the narrator say Pat McLear is handsome enough to play in the movies?
3. What does the narrator envision his friends as in Chapter 36?
4. What is Billie's son's name?
5. What is the name of Cody's mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evident of Jack's friends in Chapter 30?
2. What is Jack's state of mind in the end of Chapter 22?
3. How does Jack describe the inner world of his alcohol-laced madness in Chapter 21?
4. What do Jack and Billie talk about in Chapter 34? What realization does he have in this chapter?
5. What events trigger Jack's agitation in Chapter 21?
6. What does Jack do once Billie has left for work in Chapter 27? Who does he meet?
7. What does Cody propose to Jack in Chapter 24 regarding Willamine?
8. What does Jack reveal through exposition regarding Cody and Evelyn in Chapter 23?
9. What is the initial meeting of Jack and Billie like in Chapter 26?
10. What does Jack suggest to Billie regarding their relationship in Chapter 31?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)