|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Billie he's afraid to do in Chapter 31?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to Big Sur.
(d) Go to New York.
2. What is the name of the parochial school the narrator went to as a kid?
(a) St. Luther.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) St. Joseph's.
3. Who does the narrator say he looks like, peering from behind the window curtain in Chapter 31?
(a) A burglar.
(b) A frightened child.
(c) The Phantom of the Opera.
4. What kind of animal does the group see floating in Chapter 21?
(a) A fish.
(b) A rat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Romana keep giving to the narrator in Chapter 36?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
2. What time does the narrator wake up in the part in Chapter 30?
3. What does Elliot do constantly throughout the book?
4. What does the narrator dream of in his nap in Chapter 22?
5. What does the narrator refer to marijuana as in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack awaiting in Chapter 31? What takes place in the conversation between Jack and Billie here?
2. What does Jack suggest to Billie regarding their relationship in Chapter 31?
3. What childhood memory returns to Jack in Chapter 22?
4. How does Jack react to Dave's return from fishing and happy demeanor in Chapter 35?
5. How does Jack describe the inner world of his alcohol-laced madness in Chapter 21?
6. What events trigger Jack's agitation in Chapter 21?
7. What does Jack dream of in Chapter 37?
8. What do Jack and Billie talk about in Chapter 34? What realization does he have in this chapter?
9. What moment of hope does Jack have in Chapter 32?
10. What leads Jack to go for Cody's suggestion in Chapter 24?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)