|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the bath house in Chapter 21?
(a) Kevin Cudahy.
(b) Gerald Kimble.
(c) Daniel Bryg.
(d) Ralph Pomeray.
2. What is Cody's wife's name?
3. Of what descent does the narrator say that Billie's friend is?
4. Who comes to visit the narrator in Chapter 30?
(a) Dave Wain.
(b) Jonny Williams.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Ben Fagan.
5. Who does the narrator exclaim that Billie looks like in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the narrator fed the fish in Chapter 32?
2. What is the name of the cliff top restaurant the group goes to in Chapter 21?
3. What does the narrator say he wished Cody would be in Chapter 25?
4. Who wrote, "When the various experiences come to light in meditation, do not be proud and anxious to tell other people, else to Goddesses and Mothers you will bring annoyance"?
5. What does the narrator see with joy and then fear in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evident of Jack's friends in Chapter 30?
2. What childhood memory returns to Jack in Chapter 22?
3. Who visits Jack in Chapter 30? What do they do together?
4. What do Jack and Billie talk about in Chapter 34? What realization does he have in this chapter?
5. Who arrives at the cabin in the beginning of Chapter 23?
6. What does Jack compare the visions he sees in Chapter 37 to?
7. Where does Perry take Jack in Chapter 28? What is his experience there?
8. What is Jack's state in Chapter 36? What is taking place at the cabin?
9. What spiritual or religious imagery is presented in Chapter 36 in relation to Jack's state of mind?
10. Where does the group stop on their way to the cabin in Chapter 33? Why?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)