|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit the narrator in Chapter 30?
(a) Ben Fagan.
(b) Cody Pomeray.
(c) Dave Wain.
(d) Jonny Williams.
2. What is Cody's wife's name?
3. What does the narrator see with joy and then fear in Chapter 36?
(a) A bat.
(b) A shadow.
(d) A full moon.
4. What kind of fish has Dave caught in Chapter 36?
(c) Rainbow sea trout.
5. Who does the narrator refer to as "a real Adam and Eve waking up" in Chapter 34?
(a) Cody and Billie.
(b) Dave and Romana.
(c) Cody and Evelyn.
(d) Dave and Susanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator drink before bed in Chapter 22?
2. What does the narrator say that is the only thing he and Cody ever argued about?
3. What kind of contest takes place after breakfast in Chapter 21?
4. Who does the narrator note thumping his foot in the night in Chapter 37?
5. What is Billie's son's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Jack to go for Cody's suggestion in Chapter 24?
2. What is Jack awaiting in Chapter 31? What takes place in the conversation between Jack and Billie here?
3. How does Jack react to Dave's return from fishing and happy demeanor in Chapter 35?
4. What does Jack dream of in Chapter 37?
5. Who visits Jack in Chapter 30? What do they do together?
6. What events trigger Jack's agitation in Chapter 21?
7. Where does the group stop on their way to the cabin in Chapter 33? Why?
8. What do Jack and Billie talk about in Chapter 34? What realization does he have in this chapter?
9. What does Jack reveal through exposition regarding Cody and Evelyn in Chapter 23?
10. What is Jack's state in Chapter 36? What is taking place at the cabin?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)