|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the narrator and his friends arrive at Cody's in Chapter 33?
(a) Eleven p.m.
(b) Two a.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
2. Who does the narrator suggest drive him and Billie to the cabin in Chapter 31?
(a) Ben Fagan.
(b) Cody Pomeray.
(c) Blake Waters.
(d) Dave Wain.
3. How old is Pat McLear's daughter who accompanies him in Chapter 23?
4. Who does the narrator refer to as "a real Adam and Eve waking up" in Chapter 34?
(a) Cody and Billie.
(b) Dave and Susanne.
(c) Dave and Romana.
(d) Cody and Evelyn.
5. What aspect of Perry creeps out the narrator?
6. What color eyes does Billie have?
7. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A horse opera.
(c) Cops and Robbers.
8. Who does Cody remind the narrator of?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
9. What does the narrator say he wished Cody would be in Chapter 25?
(a) A singer.
(b) A cowboy.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A writer.
10. What kind of animal does the group see floating in Chapter 21?
(a) A fish.
(b) An otter.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
11. Who comes to visit the narrator in Chapter 30?
(a) Jonny Williams.
(b) Ben Fagan.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Dave Wain.
12. What newspaper does the narrator find with his name all over it in Chapter 22?
(a) San Francisco Chronicle.
(b) New York Times.
(c) San Francisco Gazette.
(d) San Francis Chronicle.
13. Billie works for a living doing what?
(c) Secretarial work.
(d) Performance art.
14. What does the narrator drink before bed in Chapter 22?
(b) Hot milk.
15. What does Romana keep giving to the narrator in Chapter 36?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the group drive south to visit in Chapter 21?
2. What does the narrator say that is the only thing he and Cody ever argued about?
3. What kind of pet does McLear show off in Chapter 24?
4. Who makes jokes to cheer everyone up in Chapter 36?
5. In what previous drug experience did the narrator note fragmentation of his mind?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)