|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dave Wain's girlfriend?
2. Who does the narrator call in London in Chapter 30?
3. What does the narrator dream of in his nap in Chapter 22?
(c) The U.S. Marines.
(d) The U.S. Navy.
4. Who makes breakfast for the group in Chapter 21?
(a) Ron Blake.
(b) Dave Wain.
(c) Pat McLear.
5. What does Elliot do constantly throughout the book?
(c) Asks questions.
(d) Sucks his thumb.
6. Where does the narrator tell Billie she should go in Chapter 35?
(a) New York.
(b) A nunnery.
7. What is the name of the parochial school the narrator went to as a kid?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. Joseph's.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) St. Luther.
8. What does the narrator refer to marijuana as in the book?
(b) Mary Jane.
9. Who does the narrator want Evelyin to meet in Chapter 33?
10. What kind of contest takes place after breakfast in Chapter 21?
(a) Rock throwing.
11. Who does Ron go to Monterey to visit in Chapter 22?
12. Billie works for a living doing what?
(a) Performance art.
(c) Secretarial work.
13. Who does Cody remind the narrator of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son.
14. What does Romana keep giving to the narrator in Chapter 36?
15. Who does the narrator compare the image of Cody in the doorway to in Chapter 23?
(b) St. Michael.
(c) St. Christopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator suggest drive him and Billie to the cabin in Chapter 31?
2. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
3. What kind of fish has Dave caught in Chapter 36?
4. Who does Pat McLear say he'd rather go to Hollywood to play in Chapter 23?
5. Who does the narrator say he looks like, peering from behind the window curtain in Chapter 31?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)