|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator note thumping his foot in the night in Chapter 37?
2. What Frank Sinatra song does the narrator sing in Chapter 31?
(a) It's Tonight.
(b) Blue Moon.
(c) Tomorrow Night.
(d) Just Friends.
3. What kind of animal does the group see floating in Chapter 21?
(a) A fish.
(b) A rat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A snake.
4. Who owns the bath house in Chapter 21?
(a) Kevin Cudahy.
(b) Daniel Bryg.
(c) Ralph Pomeray.
(d) Gerald Kimble.
5. Who does Ron go to Monterey to visit in Chapter 22?
6. What does the narrator envision his friends as in Chapter 36?
7. What does the narrator dream of in Chapter 37?
8. Who wrote, "When the various experiences come to light in meditation, do not be proud and anxious to tell other people, else to Goddesses and Mothers you will bring annoyance"?
9. In what previous drug experience did the narrator note fragmentation of his mind?
10. Where does the narrator tell Billie she should go in Chapter 35?
(b) New York.
(d) A nunnery.
11. What newspaper does the narrator find with his name all over it in Chapter 22?
(a) New York Times.
(b) San Francisco Gazette.
(c) San Francis Chronicle.
(d) San Francisco Chronicle.
12. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A horse opera.
(b) Cops and Robbers.
13. What color eyes does Billie have?
14. What kind of pet does McLear show off in Chapter 24?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A bat.
(d) A raven.
15. Who does the narrator refer to as "a real Adam and Eve waking up" in Chapter 34?
(a) Cody and Billie.
(b) Cody and Evelyn.
(c) Dave and Susanne.
(d) Dave and Romana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the narrator fed the fish in Chapter 32?
2. What does Billie say she's going to do in Chapter 34?
3. Who does the narrator call in Paris in Chapter 30?
4. Who comes to visit the narrator in Chapter 30?
5. What does the narrator drink before bed in Chapter 22?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)