|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie say she's going to do in Chapter 34?
(a) Kill Jack.
(b) Leave for New York.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Marry Cody.
2. How old is Pat McLear's daughter who accompanies him in Chapter 23?
3. Who does the narrator call in London in Chapter 30?
4. The narrator and Pat sit talking about Villon and who in Chapter 23?
5. What is the name of the parochial school the narrator went to as a kid?
(a) St. Joseph's.
(b) St. Luther.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) St. Mary's.
6. What kind of pet does McLear show off in Chapter 24?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A bat.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A raven.
7. What does the narrator envision his friends as in Chapter 36?
8. Who does Ben say that even he knew everything is possible in Chapter 30?
9. Who does the narrator say Pat McLear is handsome enough to play in the movies?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) Rick Hughs.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Billy the Kid.
10. Who owns the bath house in Chapter 21?
(a) Daniel Bryg.
(b) Gerald Kimble.
(c) Kevin Cudahy.
(d) Ralph Pomeray.
11. Of what descent does the narrator say that Billie's friend is?
12. Who does the narrator say is dead and that the sea took in Chapter 34?
(a) William Casey.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) James Joyce.
13. Who does Cody remind the narrator of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
14. What does Romana keep giving to the narrator in Chapter 36?
15. Whose house does Billie's friend take the narrator to in Chapter 28?
(a) A general's.
(b) A photographer's.
(c) A poet's.
(d) A musician's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does the narrator find with his name all over it in Chapter 22?
2. How old is Billy's son?
3. Who does the narrator compare the image of Cody in the doorway to in Chapter 23?
4. What does the narrator see with joy and then fear in Chapter 36?
5. In what previous drug experience did the narrator note fragmentation of his mind?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)