|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe while looking at the nighttime scene in Chapter 22?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A poem.
(c) A scroll.
(d) A memory.
2. Whose house does Billie's friend take the narrator to in Chapter 28?
(a) A general's.
(b) A poet's.
(c) A musician's.
(d) A photographer's.
3. Who does the narrator note thumping his foot in the night in Chapter 37?
4. What comes flapping around the narrator in Chapter 37?
(a) A bat.
(b) A moth.
(c) A bird.
(d) A butterfly.
5. At what time do the narrator and his friends arrive at Cody's in Chapter 33?
(b) Two a.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
(d) Eleven p.m.
6. What has happened to the chair in Billie's apartment in Chapter 30?
(a) It's fallling apart.
(b) It caught on fire.
(c) It's been remodeled.
(d) It's been rained on.
7. What had the narrator fed the fish in Chapter 32?
(a) Cat food.
(b) Fish food.
8. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
(a) A horse opera.
(d) Cops and Robbers.
9. What time does the narrator wake up in the part in Chapter 30?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
10. In what previous drug experience did the narrator note fragmentation of his mind?
11. What does the narrator tell Billie he's afraid to do in Chapter 31?
(a) Go to Big Sur.
(b) Go to New York.
(c) Get married.
12. What Frank Sinatra song does the narrator sing in Chapter 31?
(a) Blue Moon.
(b) Tomorrow Night.
(c) Just Friends.
(d) It's Tonight.
13. Who owns the bath house in Chapter 21?
(a) Kevin Cudahy.
(b) Gerald Kimble.
(c) Daniel Bryg.
(d) Ralph Pomeray.
14. What kind of contest takes place after breakfast in Chapter 21?
(d) Rock throwing.
15. What aspect of Perry creeps out the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ron go to Monterey to visit in Chapter 22?
2. Who does the narrator say he looks like, peering from behind the window curtain in Chapter 31?
3. What image does the narrator think of watching Billie wade in the water in Chapter 34?
4. What does the narrator see in a vision in Chapter 37?
5. Where do the group drive south to visit in Chapter 21?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)