|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is God's movie in Chapter 6?
(b) The women.
(d) The animals.
2. What does the narrator write that every woodsman needs in Chapter 9?
(b) A notebook.
3. What month is it when Jack is in the cabin in Chapter 6?
4. Who drives the narrator to see Cody in Chapter 17?
(a) Lorenzo Monsanto.
(b) Cody Pomeray.
(c) Dave Wain.
(d) Arthur Ma.
5. What does Jack fear in the brush as he travels down the road in Chapter 3?
6. Who is the beatnik painter passed out on the bed in Chapter 1?
(a) Steven Morris.
(b) Cody Pomeray.
(c) Brian Santori.
(d) Robert Browning.
7. What does the narrator feed the mouse in Chapter 8?
(a) Cheese and chocolate.
(b) Nuts and fruit.
(c) Cheese and nuts.
(d) Cheese and milk.
8. What does the narrator write that the fishes of the sea speak in Chapter 7?
9. Where does the narrator say he thought he saw a flying saucer in Chapter 13?
(b) Santa Clara Valley.
(c) Los Gatos.
(d) San Fernando.
10. What friend of Monsanto's accompanies the group to the cabin in Chapter 17?
(a) Jarry Wagner.
(b) Arthur Ma.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Pat McLear.
11. What is one of the two names the narrator planned on using as a code name in Chapter 1?
(a) Cody Pomeray.
(b) George Baso.
(c) Adam Yulch.
(d) James Joyce.
12. What author's book does the narrator begin reading in Chapter 17?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Bill Carroway.
(c) Henry Farron.
(d) Samuel Johnson.
13. Who arrives after the gang at the cabin in Chapter 18?
14. Which author does the narrator say wrote the inanities of the sea because he wasn't going to do it when he's dead?
(c) James Joyce.
15. What words does the narrator hear in the meadow in Chapter 9?
(a) "Roses of the Dead."
(b) "Roses of Yesterday."
(c) "Roses of the Forgotten."
(d) "Roses of the Unborn."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the character of Arthur Ma?
2. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
3. Who wrote, "You go out in joy and in sadness you return"?
4. What did the narrator's mother write to tell him in Chapter 11?
5. The narrator writes that the flies retreat at night like polite _____ flies in Chapter 5.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)