|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator talks of a tree in Chapter 6 that looks like whose face?
(d) His own.
2. What name does the narrator refer to himself as a child in Chapter 7?
(a) Little Jack.
(b) Ti Jean.
(c) Little John.
(d) Ti Jack.
3. How does the narrator describe the mule in Chapter 6?
4. Where has Cody been for the past two years in Chapter 13?
(a) New York State Penitentiary.
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Quentin.
5. In Chapter 14, which character is described as a strange kid from Oregon with hair like Raul Castro?
(a) George Baso.
(b) Dave Wain.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Joey Rosenberg.
6. What does the narrator refer to his nightmare he'd had in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) "Mountain of the Mien Mo."
(b) "Mountain of the Mo Mien."
(c) "Mountain of the Night Terror."
(d) "Mountain of Vultures."
7. What does Jack fear in the brush as he travels down the road in Chapter 3?
8. Where was Jack Kerouac born and raised?
(a) Lowell, Massachusetts.
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) San Francisco, Calilfornia.
9. What name did Cody's character have in "On the Road"?
(a) Jack Moriarty.
(b) Dean Cassady.
(c) Dean Moriarty.
(d) Neal Cassady.
10. The narrator writes that within what time period, he lost complete control of the peace mechanisms of his mind?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six months.
11. What does the narrator envy of Montesanto's?
(a) His family.
(b) His wife.
(c) A rolltop desk.
(d) His bookstore.
12. How much money does the narrator say he'll give Cody for rent in Chapter 17?
13. What does the narrator write that the fishes of the sea speak in Chapter 7?
14. With whom did the producers of the television show send Jack out after his performance?
(a) A Hollywood starlet.
(b) A Hollywood agent.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) The host of the show.
15. Who does Jack curse himself for returning to the cabin with later in Chapter 5?
(a) Dave Wain.
(b) Cody Pomeray.
(c) George Baso.
(d) Arthur Ma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Jack is in the cabin in Chapter 6?
2. On what show did the narrator practice his poetry in Hollywood a year prior in Chapter 6?
3. How old is the character of Arthur Ma?
4. The narrator writes that the ferns are like those of the what Scripture in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, when does the narrator say he would be going mad in this canyon?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)