Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 & 2
1. In the forward to the book, to what writer does Kerouac compare his works?
2. Where was Jack Kerouac born and raised?
3. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
4. In Chapter 1, who does the narrator say he was hiding with in San Francisco upon his arrival?
5. At the beginning of the book, what song does the narrator say the church is blowing on the bells in the slums?
6. Who has the narrator planned to meet incognito in San Francisco?
7. What is one of the two names the narrator planned on using as a code name in Chapter 1?
8. What is the name of the bookshop owned by the narrator's friend?
9. What is the name of the "skid row" hotel in which...
This section contains 2,539 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)