|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of restaurant does the narrator go with his new acquaintances in Chapter 28?
2. What name does the narrator refer to himself as a child in Chapter 7?
(a) Ti Jack.
(b) Little Jack.
(c) Little John.
(d) Ti Jean.
3. What is the name of the pet mule of the local settlers in the book?
4. What poem has McLear recently written in Chapter 19?
(a) "Dark Blue."
(b) "Dark Brown."
(c) "Lonely Night."
(d) "Beat Bible."
5. Who does the narrator fantasize about talking to in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to his nightmare he'd had in New York in Chapter 5?
2. Who does the narrator say has prevailed over the American male's ideals now in Chapter 10?
3. Who does Ben say that even he knew everything is possible in Chapter 30?
4. How high is the cliff the narrator sees the morning of Chapter 4?
5. What is one of the faults the narrator notes about the cabin in Chapter 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)