|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9 the narrator writes that he feels he's just a sick what?
2. Which real-life person is the character Irwin in the book?
(a) Gregory Corso.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Lawrence Ferlinghtetti.
(d) Neal Cassady.
3. What does the narrator say he spends nights thinking about the usefulness of in Chapter 7?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A rope.
(c) A wire scourer.
(d) A thermos.
4. Where has Cody been for the past two years in Chapter 13?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Quentin.
(c) New York State Penitentiary.
(d) New York.
5. What kind of animal does the group see floating in Chapter 21?
(a) An otter.
(b) A fish.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say is "home" 3,000 miles away in Chapter 1?
2. The narrator writes in Chapter 10, "With my mind even and upright and abiding nowhere, as ____ would say."
3. What does Billie say she's going to do in Chapter 34?
4. How old does the narrator say he is in the beginning of the book?
5. What color eyes does Billie have?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)