|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator suggest drive him and Billie to the cabin in Chapter 31?
(a) Ben Fagan.
(b) Dave Wain.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Blake Waters.
2. Which author does the narrator say wrote the inanities of the sea because he wasn't going to do it when he's dead?
(c) James Joyce.
3. What book does Jack refer to reading in the cabin at 3 a.m. in Chapter 5?
(a) Finnegan's Wake.
(c) Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde.
4. What does the narrator see with joy and then fear in Chapter 36?
(a) A bat.
(b) A shadow.
(d) A full moon.
5. What kind of cat did the narrator have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pet does McLear show off in Chapter 24?
2. What words does the narrator hear in the meadow in Chapter 9?
3. When does the narrator write he had to sweat out a fever in Mexico after the earthquake in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 5, when does the narrator say he would be going mad in this canyon?
5. Who does the narrator want Evelyin to meet in Chapter 33?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)