|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pat McLear's daughter who accompanies him in Chapter 23?
2. What is the name of the bridge where the cab drops off Jack in Chapter 3?
(a) Tuscan Canyon.
(b) Big Sur.
(c) Raton Bluff.
(d) Raton Canyon.
3. What bar does the narrator go to in Chapter 11?
(a) Mike's Place.
(b) Joe's Place.
(c) Mike's Tavern.
(d) Joe's Tavern.
4. The narrator writes that the flies retreat at night like polite _____ flies in Chapter 5.
(a) William Wordsworth.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
5. What does the narrator see on his porch from the mailbox which makes him happy in Chapter 9?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His hat.
(d) His notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say it's called when he rearranges the rock in the stream in Chapter 6?
2. How does the narrator describe the mule in Chapter 6?
3. To whom did the narrator say, "Allow me to stay here, I only want peace"?
4. How old does the narrator say he is in the beginning of the book?
5. Who owns the bath house in Chapter 21?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)