|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator writes in Chapter 10, "With my mind even and upright and abiding nowhere, as ____ would say."
(a) Ghorn Bhar.
(b) Hui Neng.
(c) Hing Ho.
2. How much money does the narrator pay for a cab down the coast in Chapter 3?
3. What has happened to the chair in Billie's apartment in Chapter 30?
(a) It's been remodeled.
(b) It caught on fire.
(c) It's fallling apart.
(d) It's been rained on.
4. What words does the narrator hear in the meadow in Chapter 9?
(a) "Roses of the Dead."
(b) "Roses of the Forgotten."
(c) "Roses of Yesterday."
(d) "Roses of the Unborn."
5. Who arrives after the gang at the cabin in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that is the only thing he and Cody ever argued about?
2. The narrator talks of a tree in Chapter 6 that looks like whose face?
3. What is the name of the pet mule of the local settlers in the book?
4. What does the narrator tell Billie he's afraid to do in Chapter 31?
5. What kind of play does Cody say they're going to see in Chapter 24?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)