|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to his socks as in the book?
2. What kind of cat did the narrator have?
3. In Chapter 1, who does the narrator say he was hiding with in San Francisco upon his arrival?
(a) Cody Pomeray.
(b) Dave Wainwright.
(d) Ben Fagan.
4. The narrator writes that the flies retreat at night like polite _____ flies in Chapter 5.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) William Wordsworth.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. What drinks the narrator's canned milk in Chapter 8?
(a) A bluejay.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A hummingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the black things the narrator sees in the sand in Chapter 3?
2. At the beginning of the book, what song does the narrator say the church is blowing on the bells in the slums?
3. Where has Cody been for the past two years in Chapter 13?
4. What was the narrator's brother's name who had passed away in his childhood?
5. Who is the beatnik painter passed out on the bed in Chapter 1?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)