|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cody sitting in front of when the narrator arrives in Chapter 13?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A nightstand.
(d) A television.
2. In the forward to the book, to what writer does Kerouac compare his works?
3. What is the name of the "skid row" hotel in which the narrator has been staying in Chapter 1?
(a) The Mars.
(b) The Redlight.
(c) The Savoy.
(d) The Harston.
4. How does the narrator describe the mule in Chapter 6?
5. Who does the narrator say has prevailed over the American male's ideals now in Chapter 10?
(a) The P.T.A.
(c) The A.S.P.C.A.
(d) The television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say that only weeks earlier, he'd fallen flat on his head in Chapter 6?
2. Where does the narrator say he thought he saw a flying saucer in Chapter 13?
3. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
4. Who wrote, "You go out in joy and in sadness you return"?
5. Where are the narrator and his friends driving in Chapter 13?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)