|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to his nightmare he'd had in New York in Chapter 5?
(a) "Mountain of the Mien Mo."
(b) "Mountain of Vultures."
(c) "Mountain of the Night Terror."
(d) "Mountain of the Mo Mien."
2. What novel does the narrator say he read in the shack with a shrug in Chapter 7?
(b) "The End of Time."
(d) "Finnegan's Wake."
3. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
(a) John Kerouac.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Jack Kenwick.
(d) John Duluoz.
4. What name does the narrator refer to himself as a child in Chapter 7?
(a) Ti Jean.
(b) Ti Jack.
(c) Little Jack.
(d) Little John.
5. What is Jack happy to find along the road in Chapter 3?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The creek.
(c) The trees.
(d) The bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the producers of the television show send Jack out after his performance?
2. What kind of trees is the narrator surrounded by in Chapter 3?
3. What is the narrator carrying in Chapter 3?
4. What is one of the faults the narrator notes about the cabin in Chapter 6?
5. What is one of the two names the narrator planned on using as a code name in Chapter 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)