|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of trees is the narrator surrounded by in Chapter 3?
2. At the beginning of the book, what song does the narrator say the church is blowing on the bells in the slums?
(a) "O Holy Night."
(d) "A Hymn to Mary."
3. Who does Jack curse himself for returning to the cabin with later in Chapter 5?
(a) Arthur Ma.
(b) Dave Wain.
(c) George Baso.
(d) Cody Pomeray.
4. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
(a) Jack Duluoz.
(b) John Duluoz.
(c) Jack Kenwick.
(d) John Kerouac.
5. What poet does the narrator refer to in Chapter 5 in relation to himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack happy to find along the road in Chapter 3?
2. What does the narrator compare the black rocks to in Chapter 4?
3. How high is the cliff the narrator sees the morning of Chapter 4?
4. When does the narrator write he had to sweat out a fever in Mexico after the earthquake in Chapter 5?
5. In the forward to the book, to what writer does Kerouac compare his works?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)