|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does the narrator refer to in Chapter 5 in relation to himself?
2. What is one of the faults the narrator notes about the cabin in Chapter 6?
(a) No bars on the windows.
(b) No screens on the windows.
(c) No windows.
(d) No fans.
3. What is Kerouac's fictionalized name in Big Sur?
(a) John Duluoz.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Jack Kenwick.
(d) John Kerouac.
4. What is Jack happy to find along the road in Chapter 3?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The trees.
(c) The creek.
(d) The bridge.
5. What is the name of the bookshop owned by the narrator's friend?
(a) City Books.
(b) Beat Books.
(c) City Lights.
(d) San Francisco Books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator refer to his nightmare he'd had in New York in Chapter 5?
2. Who does the narrator fantasize about talking to in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of trees is the narrator surrounded by in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the "skid row" hotel in which the narrator has been staying in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the pet mule of the local settlers in the book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)