|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say has prevailed over the American male's ideals now in Chapter 10?
(a) The P.T.A.
(b) The television.
(d) The A.S.P.C.A.
2. What is the narrator carrying in Chapter 3?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A rope.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A knife.
3. What sound is overwhelming to the narrator when he exits the cab in Chapter 3?
(a) Rain and wind.
(b) The roar of surf.
(d) The chirping of birds.
4. The narrator writes that the flies retreat at night like polite _____ flies in Chapter 5.
(b) William Wordsworth.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
5. For how long does the narrator write that he will go crazy in Chapter 8?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does the narrator say wrote the inanities of the sea because he wasn't going to do it when he's dead?
2. What does the narrator write that every woodsman needs in Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of the pet mule of the local settlers in the book?
4. How high is the cliff the narrator sees the morning of Chapter 4?
5. What book does Jack refer to reading in the cabin at 3 a.m. in Chapter 5?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)