|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say that Herman Hesse thought he was in Chapter 7?
2. What does the narrator write that the fishes of the sea speak in Chapter 7?
3. On what day does the narrator say he began to get bored in Chapter 7?
4. The narrator writes in Chapter 10, "With my mind even and upright and abiding nowhere, as ____ would say."
(b) Ghorn Bhar.
(c) Hing Ho.
(d) Hui Neng.
5. The narrator writes that within what time period, he lost complete control of the peace mechanisms of his mind?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9 the narrator writes that he feels he's just a sick what?
2. In Chapter 5, when does the narrator say he would be going mad in this canyon?
3. When does the narrator write he had to sweat out a fever in Mexico after the earthquake in Chapter 5?
4. For how long does the narrator write that he will go crazy in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the bridge where the cab drops off Jack in Chapter 3?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)