|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack happy to find along the road in Chapter 3?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The creek.
(c) The cliff.
(d) The trees.
2. What does the narrator write that every woodsman needs in Chapter 9?
(a) A notebook.
3. What are the black things the narrator sees in the sand in Chapter 3?
(b) Mule dung.
4. What does the narrator say he spends nights thinking about the usefulness of in Chapter 7?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A thermos.
(c) A rope.
(d) A wire scourer.
5. What poet does the narrator refer to in Chapter 5 in relation to himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator writes in Chapter 3, "I'm afraid to go down there--I am affrayed in the old _____ sense of being frayed by a whip."
2. What old buddy does the the narrator send a letter to in Chapter 9?
3. What sound is overwhelming to the narrator when he exits the cab in Chapter 3?
4. On what day does the narrator say he began to get bored in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the pet mule of the local settlers in the book?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)