|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moricand finds American meals and what to be insufficient?
2. Miller asserts that Americans enjoy the highest standard of living but spend more on fighting what than curing serious diseases?
(c) Tax wars.
3. In the Epilogue, Miller has come to believe that his work of creation is paramount and he should not waste time in what?
(b) Working 9-5 jobs.
(c) Family squabbles.
4. Moricand and Miller have their last dinner in Paris together in what year?
5. Who does Moricand consider seeing to cure his itch, although he fears religion?
(a) Janina Miller.
(b) Rev. Dewell.
(c) Emil White.
(d) Jean Wharton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller talks his friends into commissioning what from Moricand and eventually invents customers, for whom he pays?
2. Miller's early mornings are taken up by ____, breakfast, and playing with the baby.
3. Miller writes that what is a healing process, in the Epilogue?
4. Moricand gives Miller a precious copy of what?
5. Who does Miller state carries self-sufficiency to the extreme?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Moricand attempts to find work after leaving Big Sur? What attempts are made to help him?
2. What does Moricand complain about after meeting with Wharton in Part 3, Paradise Lost?
3. Who is Conrad Moricand and how does Miller know him?
4. What fineries does Moricand insist upon? How does Miller react to Moricand's things?
5. How does Miller associate astrology with schizophrenia?
6. What affliction does Moricand develop during his stay in Big Sur?
7. What is Miller's assessment of bureaucracy and the U.N. in Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapter 15? What symbolic comparison does he make in this chapter?
8. What is Miller's conclusion of Big Sur upon the Epilogue of the novel?
9. What is Miller's wife's reaction to Conrad Moricand? How does Moricand's first impression fade?
10. What thoughts does Miller share of painting and writing versus living in the Epilogue?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)