|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moricand finds American meals and what to be insufficient?
2. In what year does Moricand come to stay with the Millers?
3. What does Moricand obtain by mail from Switzerland in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
4. In the Epilogue, Miller has come to believe that his work of creation is paramount and he should not waste time in what?
(c) Working 9-5 jobs.
(d) Family squabbles.
5. Miller believes that young writers must learn by personal experience and lacks both the energy and knowledge to do what?
(a) Evaluate students.
(b) Refer publishers.
(d) Evaluate manuscripts.
6. Miller believes that he can send powerful _____ to individuals around the globe and sometimes gets responses.
7. Moricand often lectures Miller on how the laws of the universe determine one's fate even more than the what?
8. Miller's early mornings are taken up by ____, breakfast, and playing with the baby.
9. In Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 15, Miller writes that unless one knows where one is going, ____ leads there.
(a) No road.
(b) Any road.
(c) The wrong road.
(d) The last road.
10. Miller writes that when patience fails, there is always what?
11. Moricand detests the Republic and seems to have had prior lives in ancient Alexandria and where else?
12. Miller believes he will die where?
(a) On a walk.
(b) In a car.
(c) At an easel.
(d) At a typewriter.
13. Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 14, "A Day at the Baths," sketches ______, a place of solitude when Miller is lucky.
(a) Kineback Springs.
(b) Johnson Springs.
(c) Slade's Springs.
(d) Oregon Springs.
14. Where does Moricand develop a rash?
(a) His neck.
(b) His legs.
(c) His arms.
(d) His waist.
15. What is an absolute reality for Moricand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Moricand that he may not work and comes after Miller, who is legally responsible for him?
2. Where does Moricand move after leaving Big Sur?
3. Who prefers subsistence farming over architecture, according to Miller?
4. What has swollen terribly, causing Moricand to be carried to the car in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
5. Where does Moricand write that he is living in 1947?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)