|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moricand holds that one does not "choose the ______."
2. Moricand often lectures Miller on how the laws of the universe determine one's fate even more than the what?
3. Where does Moricand write that he is living in 1947?
4. Who sets Moricand up with a countess who collects occultists?
(a) Niels Anstrong.
(c) Jean Wharton.
(d) Andre DuBrock.
5. Miller writes in the Epilogue that he appreciates feedback and gifts, but asks that fans show appreciation by what?
(a) Investing in his architecture.
(b) Buying his books.
(c) Buying his paintings.
(d) Mailing him money.
6. Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 14, "A Day at the Baths," sketches ______, a place of solitude when Miller is lucky.
(a) Slade's Springs.
(b) Oregon Springs.
(c) Johnson Springs.
(d) Kineback Springs.
7. What is an absolute reality for Moricand?
8. With whom is Miller constantly fighting in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
(b) Jean Wharton.
(d) Emil Wharton.
9. Miller writes that people will do anything for ____, even piously chopping off heads in the French Revolution.
10. In the Epilogue, Miller has come to believe that his work of creation is paramount and he should not waste time in what?
(b) Family squabbles.
(d) Working 9-5 jobs.
11. Miller questions that if Jesus were to come back again, people might do what to him?
(a) Mummify him.
(b) Electrocute him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Behead him.
12. Miller writes in the Epilogue, when all else fails, do what?
13. How far are the sulfur baths from Miller's home, round-trip, in the Epilogue?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Six miles.
14. The Epilogue opens by describing three-day-a-week mail service by who?
15. Who is the impoverished, fatalistic astrologer for whom Miller is made financially responsible from Paris in 1936-39?
(a) Jean Wharton.
(b) Mohammed Ali Sarwat.
(c) Conrad Moricand.
(d) Emile White.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller's early mornings are taken up by ____, breakfast, and playing with the baby.
2. Moricand and Miller have their last dinner in Paris together in what year?
3. Moricand's war experiences began where?
4. What French-speaking friend visits Miller but soon wants to throw Moricand off a cliff?
5. Wharton floats, radiantly, into Miller's garden with a lantern and what in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)