|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moricand refuses to teach who French, feeling that American children are undisciplined?
2. If the weather is nice, Miller does what instead of writing?
(a) Walks to town.
(d) Goes to church.
3. Part 3, "Paradise Lost," refers to a poem by whom?
(a) Lord Byron.
(d) John Milton.
4. Moricand holds that one does not "choose the ______."
5. In what year does Moricand come to stay with the Millers?
6. Miller states that monkeys picking one another's fleas accomplish more than what?
7. What French-speaking friend visits Miller but soon wants to throw Moricand off a cliff?
8. What does Moricand declare life to be?
(a) A heaven.
(b) A steady climb.
(c) A Karmic eden.
(d) A Calvary.
9. Moricand detests the Republic and seems to have had prior lives in ancient Alexandria and where else?
10. Who does Miller send word to in trying to get rid of Moricand in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
(a) Emil White.
(d) Jean Wharton.
11. Where does Moricand move after leaving Big Sur?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
12. Miller believes that he can send powerful _____ to individuals around the globe and sometimes gets responses.
13. Miller asserts that fanatics utter profound "second-hand ____" and sound ridiculous demonstrating them through trivia.
14. Miller's early mornings are taken up by ____, breakfast, and playing with the baby.
15. What does Moricand obtain by mail from Switzerland in Part 3, "Paradise Lost"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller writes that most of the world's woes stem from _____ human behavior.
2. Moricand demands a deposit of how much money in his Paris account from Miller?
3. Miller must refrain from admiring any belonging of Moricand's, lest he insist on what?
4. Where does Moricand develop a rash?
5. Moricand tells Val a winding tale about Paris that ends with him buying the services of a what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)