|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last plate in The Millennium of Hieronymus Bosch?
(a) "The Cave of Pythagoras."
(b) "The Sky of the Dawn."
(c) "The Garden of Earthly Delights."
(d) "The Snake and the Apple."
2. How many of the artists who come through Big Sur, in Miller's time there, are truly talented, according to Miller?
3. Miller writes that British correspondents are the most vapid, with the exception of poet Lawrence Durrell and the elderly but ever enthusiastic ______.
(a) William Keys.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) John Cowper Powys.
(d) Brant Brandon.
4. Who is living in the studio and offers to help Miller take care of his children following the breakup of his marriage?
(a) Wilson Winslow.
(b) Walter Winslow.
(c) Wilbur Robinson.
(d) Walter Matthews.
5. Since 1929, Miller has produced how many watercolors by Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miller's favorite bootblack in Monterey?
2. Miller asserts that fanatics utter profound "second-hand ____" and sound ridiculous demonstrating them through trivia.
3. What book of Miller's was banned in the United States?
4. Who reserves two rooms in his new estate for the Millers?
5. Miller writes that if Jesus were to come back to earth, he would more likely sell what than send others off to die in war?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)