|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Paradise Lost, pgs. 309-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings fine food, drink, and cigars, and Moricand partakes heartily while preparing to analyze him?
(a) Leon Shamroy.
(b) Antoine Renoult.
(c) Maxwell Ronald.
(d) Andrew Warner.
2. Miller asserts that fanatics utter profound "second-hand ____" and sound ridiculous demonstrating them through trivia.
3. With whom does Miller go to see reproductions of Turner works?
(b) Mike Anderson.
4. Miller states that monkeys picking one another's fleas accomplish more than what?
5. What is the colony of artists referred to at Big Sur in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 2?
(a) The Big Sur Family.
(b) The Monterey Circle.
(c) The Anderson Street Gang.
(d) The Anderson Creek Gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 14, Miller meets a blubbery maharajah from where?
2. Who is the author of The Stranger in Big Sur?
3. Miller asserts that few city dwellers can stand solitude, but communities built on _____ and detachment are inevitable in this destructive world.
4. What denomination of preacher is Miller's favorite bootblack in Monterey?
5. Miller is sometimes surprised by revelations of household tragedies too great to describe, even by who, whose domestic life is a sad joke?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)