|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Paradise Lost, pgs. 309-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his poverty, Moricand insists on fine clothing, perfume, and _____.
(a) Hair oil.
(c) Skin care.
(d) Ink pens.
2. What lessens the idealism of Big Sur as a place for Miller to write?
3. Where did Henry Miller grow up?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Brooklyn, NY.
(c) Big Sur, CA.
(d) Queens, NY.
4. Which mystery writer provides research on the Essene cult?
(a) Sir Godfrey Higgins.
(b) Lawrence Lipton.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Restif de la Bretonne.
5. Astrology, like what, Miller declares, has its origins in humans' loss of wholeness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller asserts that fanatics utter profound "second-hand ____" and sound ridiculous demonstrating them through trivia.
2. In Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 15, Miller writes that unless one knows where one is going, ____ leads there.
3. What is the colony of artists referred to at Big Sur in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 2?
4. Who leaves the obnoxious astrologer in Miller's care in Paris?
5. What is the title of Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 3, and refers to bedtime stories that Miller tells his children?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)