|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Paradise Lost, pgs. 309-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller quotes a long passage from whose Travel Diary about the perfection of Japanese women and how Western women fail to imitate them?
2. What does Miller do when his wife and children disappear and he has no means of communication?
3. In Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 13, Miller contemplates how little ___ debates on ending fighting accomplish.
4. When had Miller and Doner met in France?
5. What does Moricand assert gives character and strength?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lessens the idealism of Big Sur as a place for Miller to write?
2. A brilliant young French-Canadian ponders his role in life in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 9, quoting Joseph Delteil and Chesterton on who?
3. In what year does Miller arrive in Big Sur?
4. Miller is sometimes surprised by revelations of household tragedies too great to describe, even by who, whose domestic life is a sad joke?
5. Moricand holds that one does not "choose the ______."
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)