|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is living in the studio and offers to help Miller take care of his children following the breakup of his marriage?
(a) Walter Matthews.
(b) Walter Winslow.
(c) Wilbur Robinson.
(d) Wilson Winslow.
2. Who is Miller's favorite bootblack in Monterey?
(a) Rev. Greenwall.
(b) Rev. Story.
(c) Rev. Buckwell.
(d) Rev. Maxwell.
3. Miller writes that the local folk in Big Sur have embraced the healing ambiance and discovered how to live in peace, _____, and community.
4. Who begins a yearlong yarn about a superman-like character named Inch Connecticut?
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Paul Rink.
(d) Conrad Moricand.
5. Fledgling writers seek advice from Miller, but writing is a what to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller gets detailed letters on bladder care from a man where?
2. How old is Miller's favorite young painter at Big Sur?
3. Where does Miller send Chama when he runs out of stories in an urban setting?
4. What neighbor and benefactor of Miller's is trying to find herself in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 7?
5. Miller asserts in Part 1, "The Oranges of the Millennium," that people fail to realize that life is what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)