|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miller's favorite of the child painters in Big Sur?
(a) Tasha Doner.
(b) Brian Cooper.
(c) Butch Eames.
(d) Timmy Conway.
2. Who has suffered much from the correction of physical defects but is a miniature Ramakrishna, thankful for everything?
3. Almost how many artists of all sorts come through Big Sur in Henry Miller's twelve years there?
4. Muench practicing who inspires Miller to paint music?
5. Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 9 opens with Miller borrowing the _____ concept of "clearing,"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family's name who keeps watch over the octogenarian from the sulfur baths?
2. Who is the author of The Stranger in Big Sur?
3. Who is living in the studio and offers to help Miller take care of his children following the breakup of his marriage?
4. A Dutch visitor upbraids Miller for clearing what instead of writing?
5. Miller writes that in 19__ the U.S. tried to fix the world's problems, but had itself deteriorated.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)