|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family's home is often mistaken for a cafe, so they accommodate by selling sandwiches?
(a) The White's.
(b) The Whartons.
(c) The Muench's.
(d) The Millers.
2. What neighbor and benefactor of Miller's is trying to find herself in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 7?
(a) Oden Wharton.
(b) Annette Rockefeller.
(c) Jean Wharton.
(d) Emily Wharton.
3. Miller writes that Jews and _____ are America's only truly selfless givers.
4. What does Miller do when his wife and children disappear and he has no means of communication?
5. What is Hieronymus Bosch's most widely known triptych?
(a) The Garden of Earthly Delights.
(b) The Cave of Pythagorus.
(d) The Three Marys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller asserts that all has been said and done and all one can add is what?
2. Hieronymus Bosch's The Millennium is the title of what?
3. What lessens the idealism of Big Sur as a place for Miller to write?
4. Who gives outdoor piano concerts to ward off poverty at Big Sur?
5. What can improve bad painting, according to Miller?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)