|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The adventures of Chama take place where?
(a) New York.
2. Who is the author of Big Sur Guide?
(a) Conrad Moricand.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Emil White.
(d) Jean Wharton.
3. What is the family's name who keeps watch over the octogenarian from the sulfur baths?
4. With whom does Miller go to see reproductions of Turner works?
(d) Mike Anderson.
5. Miller writes that British correspondents are the most vapid, with the exception of poet Lawrence Durrell and the elderly but ever enthusiastic ______.
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) John Cowper Powys.
(c) William Keys.
(d) Brant Brandon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family's home is often mistaken for a cafe, so they accommodate by selling sandwiches?
2. A brilliant young French-Canadian ponders his role in life in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 9, quoting Joseph Delteil and Chesterton on who?
3. From where does the Basque girl write to Miller for help?
4. A Basque girl visits Miller, freezing and starving, to ask his views on who?
5. Miller writes that Jews and _____ are America's only truly selfless givers.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)