|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller quotes a long passage from whose Travel Diary about the perfection of Japanese women and how Western women fail to imitate them?
2. What does Miller do when his wife and children disappear and he has no means of communication?
3. What does Miller use to wrap books in to send to friends?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) Book manuscripts.
(c) Failed paintings.
(d) Corn husks.
4. One tourist visits Miller to spend hours looking through his what?
(d) Oil paintings.
5. With whom does Miller go to see reproductions of Turner works?
(a) Mike Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operates the upscale Nepenthe Restaurant and let their five children run wild without thought of discipline?
2. What neighbor and benefactor of Miller's is trying to find herself in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 7?
3. Miller writes in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 7 that Americans worship _____ and tell others that they do not know how to live.
4. Which Big Sur resident is a Dresden, Germany-born pianist, composer, and musical scholar?
5. Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 9 opens with Miller borrowing the _____ concept of "clearing,"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)