|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is expelled from West Point and finishes a fine novel that remains unpublished when he moves to Big Sur, CA?
(a) Niels Scharmosky.
(b) Norman Mini.
(c) Emil White.
(d) Conrad Moricand.
2. How many of the artists who come through Big Sur, in Miller's time there, are truly talented, according to Miller?
3. Since 1929, Miller has produced how many watercolors by Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 4?
4. Many of the residents of Big Sur see what for a brief period of time?
(c) A sasquach.
5. What is the title of Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 3, and refers to bedtime stories that Miller tells his children?
(a) "The City Mouse."
(b) "The Chama Serial."
(c) "B as in Baxter."
(d) "The Karma Series."
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of Miller's was banned in the United States?
2. Miller writes in Part 1, "The Oranges of the Millennium," that he who comes to Big Sur must come with capable hands, a strong heart, and a sense of humor, and expect no _______.
3. What is the colony of artists referred to at Big Sur in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 2?
4. Who begins a yearlong yarn about a superman-like character named Inch Connecticut?
5. What can improve bad painting, according to Miller?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)