|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller writes that the local folk in Big Sur have embraced the healing ambiance and discovered how to live in peace, _____, and community.
2. Which family at Big Sur hails from Mexico and embodies the virtues that Americans most undervalue, according to Miller?
(a) The Diaz family.
(b) The Lopez family.
(c) The Inez family.
(d) The Lee family.
3. What is the family's name who keeps watch over the octogenarian from the sulfur baths?
4. What does Miller save and study to learn other painters' art?
5. What can improve bad painting, according to Miller?
(a) Good lighting.
(b) Good framing.
(c) Good hanging.
(d) Good subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expelled from West Point and finishes a fine novel that remains unpublished when he moves to Big Sur, CA?
2. What would-be writer hopes to find the Cult of Sex and Anarchy?
3. Who is a gifted story teller and expert in literature who suffers writer's block in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 1?
4. Miller asserts that few city dwellers can stand solitude, but communities built on _____ and detachment are inevitable in this destructive world.
5. Who gives outdoor piano concerts to ward off poverty at Big Sur?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)