|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One tourist visits Miller to spend hours looking through his what?
(b) Oil paintings.
2. Which child is a Miller favorite, gentle, silent, and thankful for everything, probably a result of the torments he has endured having birth defects corrected?
(a) Peter Eames.
(b) Butch Eames.
(c) Peter Houghland.
(d) "Little Mike" Hougland.
3. Fledgling writers seek advice from Miller, but writing is a what to him?
4. Who is Miller's favorite of the child painters in Big Sur?
(a) Timmy Conway.
(b) Tasha Doner.
(c) Butch Eames.
(d) Brian Cooper.
5. What lessens the idealism of Big Sur as a place for Miller to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. A Dutch visitor upbraids Miller for clearing what instead of writing?
2. Which Big Sur resident is a Dresden, Germany-born pianist, composer, and musical scholar?
3. What is Hieronymus Bosch's most widely known triptych?
4. Who is expelled from West Point and finishes a fine novel that remains unpublished when he moves to Big Sur, CA?
5. What does Miller find to be a constant nuisance in the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)