|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller writes that people need what as much as they ignore it?
2. Miller asserts that few city dwellers can stand solitude, but communities built on _____ and detachment are inevitable in this destructive world.
3. A Dutch visitor upbraids Miller for clearing what instead of writing?
(a) A septic tank.
(b) A forest.
(c) His backyard.
(d) A field of brush.
4. Where did Henry Miller grow up?
(a) Queens, NY.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Big Sur, CA.
(d) Brooklyn, NY.
5. Who begins a yearlong yarn about a superman-like character named Inch Connecticut?
(a) Conrad Moricand.
(c) Paul Rink.
(d) Henry Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller writes that "one must find new ways of looking at things to see ______ undiminished by creation's flaws."
2. Where does Miller send Chama when he runs out of stories in an urban setting?
3. What book of Miller's was banned in the United States?
4. Miller asserts in Part 1, "The Oranges of the Millennium," that people fail to realize that life is what?
5. Who is the author of Big Sur Guide?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)