|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Dutch visitor upbraids Miller for clearing what instead of writing?
(a) A field of brush.
(b) A forest.
(c) His backyard.
(d) A septic tank.
2. Hieronymus Bosch's The Millennium is the title of what?
(a) A painting.
(b) A song.
(c) A book.
(d) A poem.
3. What would-be writer hopes to find the Cult of Sex and Anarchy?
4. Almost how many artists of all sorts come through Big Sur in Henry Miller's twelve years there?
5. Who swears that he hears mysterious music coming from Miller's cabin rather than from his own head?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the residents of Big Sur see what for a brief period of time?
2. The adventures of Chama take place where?
3. One tourist visits Miller to spend hours looking through his what?
4. Miller asserts that few city dwellers can stand solitude, but communities built on _____ and detachment are inevitable in this destructive world.
5. What is the colony of artists referred to at Big Sur in Part 2, "Peace and Solitude: a Potpourri," Chapter 2?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)