Part 1, The Oranges of the Millennium
1. Almost how many artists of all sorts come through Big Sur in Henry Miller's twelve years there?
2. How many of the artists who come through Big Sur, in Miller's time there, are truly talented, according to Miller?
3. What does Miller find to be a constant nuisance in the beginning of the narrative?
(b) Neighborhood dogs.
(c) Infatuated fans.
4. Miller writes that the local folk in Big Sur have embraced the healing ambiance and discovered how to live in peace, _____, and community.
5. In what year does Miller arrive in Big Sur?
6. Who is the author of The Stranger in Big Sur?
(a) Henry Miller.
(b) Jean-Paul Sartre.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Lillian Bos Ross.
7. What is Hieronymus Bosch's most widely known triptych?
(a) The Cave of Pythagorus.
(c) The Garden of Earthly Delights.
(d) The Three Marys.
8. Hieronymus Bosch's The Millennium is the title of what?
(a) A song.
(b) A book.
(c) A poem.
(d) A painting.
This section contains 3,626 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)