|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zach broke up with Jane, what did she buy herself because she deserved it?
2. What does Madeleine want Ed to order for her in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 34 after arguing with Ed, what does Madeline make herself?
4. What instrument does Abigail play?
5. In Chapter 21, what is the date of the Disney on Ice show that Madeline gets tickets for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how does Madeline remember meeting Celeste?
2. Why does Madeline struggle with Abigail's weekend visits in Chapter 37?
3. In Chapter 33, what does the counselor tell Celeste?
4. In Chapter 32, what did Jane look like in a photo that she shows Madeline?
5. In Chapter 23, how does Madeline create a rift between herself and Renata?
6. In Chapter 28, why does Madeline tell Abigail that she can take her four-poster bed?
7. In Chapter 27, what does Samantha say about the demographics of Pirriwee Beach?
8. In Chapter 9, where are Celeste, Perry, and the boys spending Christmas, and what are they doing together?
9. Why does Miss Barnes call Jane in Chapter 41, and what does she tell Jane?
10. How is Madeline described in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Madeline wins the mother’s race, she says that Bonnie has won. Why does Madeline say that Bonnie won? What is Madeline referring to other than the race when she says that Bonnie has won “fair and square”? (161)
Essay Topic 2
Perry is very conscious of how people view him and his family. How was Perry focused on image, and how did it influence the way that he lived his life and treated Celeste?
Essay Topic 3
After orientation day, there are two camps—those who side with Madeline and those who side with Renata. How does the war begin between the two women? How is the war resolved?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)