|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Cross and acknowledges Cross's concern with the pace of the White Girl case?
2. What does Potter warn Cross about?
3. What makes the FBI even more suspicious about Lipton?
4. When does Lipton present himself to Cross?
5. How does Cross eventually subdue Sphinx?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a characterization of Mr. Potter. Do you believe he is a redeemable character? Why or why not? How do you think he was able to compartmentalize his life so well?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)