|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the meeting with Christine's lawyer begin?
2. What happens to the only witness to the kidnapping?
3. How does Cross eventually subdue Sphinx?
4. How many people are part of the abduction of Vince and Francis?
5. Who does the FBI have under surveillance after listening to a suspicious Internet conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
2. What does Director Burns tell the team about the hold up with approaching Lipton's house?
3. Who does Burns tell Cross was the leak and what other piece of information does he share?
4. What happens when Cross makes his way through the crowd of party-goers and walks up to Sorokin?
5. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
6. What does the CIA report about the wolf?
7. What happens when Cross and his men approach the would be kidnappers?
8. What does Cross do during the long hours he is waiting to hear back from the wolf?
9. What does Cross tell Sorokin and how does he respond to what Cross says?
10. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think it was wise for Cross to continue to meet with and talk to Monnie Donnelley after the FBI suspended her because they thought she was the leak? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Lizzie would have been successful at killing the wolf had she not been rescued by Cross? If not, why? If so, how do you think she would have accomplished this task?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)