|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kyle Craig?
2. Who does Sorokin agree to lead the FBI to as part of his deal?
3. What does Cross notice across the street from his house?
4. Where do Vince and Francis go to school?
5. Why does Cross head to Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Potter do that finally gets to Cross and how does he react when he is fed up?
2. What revelation do the two men that Cross takes into custody make that leaves Cross reeling?
3. What does Director Burns tell the team about the hold up with approaching Lipton's house?
4. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
5. In what way is Cross impressed with Potter?
6. What happens just as Cross and Mahoney prepare to make their move?
7. What does Cross think about the way Lipton is acting when he finally presents himself to Cross?
8. Why does Alex call Jamilla back and how does she respond?
9. What order does Burns give to Cross after Pollack is shot?
10. What happens while Cross is rescuing Lizzie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Cross is respected by the director of the FBI? Use information from the novel to support your conclusions. Why do you feel your opinion is accurate?
Essay Topic 2
How did you feel with the way the author ended this book? If you were the author would have have ended the book the same way or a different way? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)