|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross tell Christine as he gets up to walk out of the meeting with her lawyer?
2. Where does Potter tell Cross that he got the boys?
3. Who is Kyle Craig?
4. Which of the following characters is observing Lipton's arrest?
5. Which of the following turns out to be Sphinx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
2. What does Cross tell Sorokin and how does he respond to what Cross says?
3. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
4. Who does Burns tell Cross was the leak and what other piece of information does he share?
5. What does Cross think about the way Lipton is acting when he finally presents himself to Cross?
6. What happens when Cross makes his way through the crowd of party-goers and walks up to Sorokin?
7. What does Cross realize about himself after he hangs up the phone from talking to Jamilla?
8. Why does Cross have to leave the mobilization center while everyone else is continuing to follow-up on leads?
9. What does Cross remember at the last second which leads the Wolf to believe he is talking to Potter for real?
10. What does the CIA report about the wolf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of buying humans is age old and a despised, unacceptable part of society. Do you find the concept of buying slaves for sex to be more or less despicable than slavery for workers? Why do you feel this way? Defend your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Cross needs to juggle many things in his life and often does not seem to please anyone doing it that way. How would you feel if Cross was your parent or partner? Why would you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)