|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Director Burns warn Cross about?
2. Why does Cross decide to attend the meeting with Christine and her lawyer without his attorney?
3. Where do they interview Potter?
4. How long does the FBI interrogate Lipton?
5. What happens to the only witness to the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
2. What happens as Sorokin is being transported to the courthouse?
3. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
4. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
5. What does Director Burns tell the team about the hold up with approaching Lipton's house?
6. Who does Burns tell Cross was the leak and what other piece of information does he share?
7. What does Cross share with his team that Potter had previously told Cross?
8. What does Cross tell Sorokin and how does he respond to what Cross says?
9. What does Cross think about the way Lipton is acting when he finally presents himself to Cross?
10. What does Lipton reveal about how became involved with Wolf's operation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wolf is head of a worldwide crime syndicate. Write an essay describing the wolf as a leader. What lengths will he go to in order to stay in charge? How does he remain anonymous? What type of personality traits do you think he displays?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)