|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Burns share with Cross?
2. How does Potter respond to Alex's questions about Benjamin?
3. What is the only thing the FBI agents find as they search the neighborhood?
4. How does Monnie contact Cross to share information with him?
5. Where do the agents follow their suspect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Potter do that finally gets to Cross and how does he react when he is fed up?
2. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
3. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
4. What does Cross remember at the last second which leads the Wolf to believe he is talking to Potter for real?
5. What does Cross think about the way Lipton is acting when he finally presents himself to Cross?
6. What happens when Cross and his men approach the would be kidnappers?
7. What does Cross realize about himself after he hangs up the phone from talking to Jamilla?
8. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
9. In what way is Cross impressed with Potter?
10. What do Cross and Mahoney plan to do with Lizzie's husband and what happens during this process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is it true in this novel that the bad guys are those that one would least expect? Do you think this same idea holds true in real life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the cause of Christine's mental issues? What happened to Cross's wife, Maria? Do you think Jamilla might be turned off by his job based on his past track record? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)