|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Cross and Mahoney try to capture Sphinx?
2. Where does Cross wait for the Wolf's Den to get back to him about 'Potter's' proposal?
3. What does the CIA confirm about Sorokin's identity?
4. What happens to Gautier?
5. What does Director Burns warn Cross about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Sorokin is being transported to the courthouse?
2. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
3. Why does Cross have to leave the mobilization center while everyone else is continuing to follow-up on leads?
4. What does Cross realize about himself after he hangs up the phone from talking to Jamilla?
5. What happens when Cross makes his way through the crowd of party-goers and walks up to Sorokin?
6. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
7. What does Cross share with his team that Potter had previously told Cross?
8. What order does Burns give to Cross after Pollack is shot?
9. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
10. What happens as Cross is trying to transfer Lipton into FBI custody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event in the novel did you find most surprising? Why? What event did you find most predictable? Why
Essay Topic 2
Describe the main character of Alex Cross. What kind of person is he? What kind of father? What kind of agent? Is Alex someone you would be able to call friend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Sampson will join the FBI? Why or why not?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)