|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorokin reveal to the FBI as he comes out of the clothing store?
2. What makes the FBI even more suspicious about Lipton?
3. Which of the following turns out to be Sphinx?
4. What happens to Lipton and his family?
5. How does the meeting with Christine's lawyer begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross tell Sorokin and how does he respond to what Cross says?
2. What does Cross do during the long hours he is waiting to hear back from the wolf?
3. What happens while Cross is rescuing Lizzie?
4. What lead does Monnie give to Cross to follow-up on?
5. What revelation do the two men that Cross takes into custody make that leaves Cross reeling?
6. What happens as Cross is trying to transfer Lipton into FBI custody?
7. What do Cross and Mahoney plan to do with Lizzie's husband and what happens during this process?
8. What happens as Sorokin is being transported to the courthouse?
9. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
10. Why does Alex call Jamilla back and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did you feel with the way the author ended this book? If you were the author would have have ended the book the same way or a different way? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What event in the novel did you find most surprising? Why? What event did you find most predictable? Why
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)