|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the wolf's demeanor with Cross?
2. What does Cross tell Christine as he gets up to walk out of the meeting with her lawyer?
3. Why is Cross summoned to Brooklyn?
4. What happens as Pollack and Cross are heading toward the helicopter?
5. What does Sorokin ask Cross about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just as Cross and Mahoney prepare to make their move?
2. What do Cross and Mahoney plan to do with Lizzie's husband and what happens during this process?
3. What does Francis find when he is delivered to Mr. Potter?
4. What does Cross do during the long hours he is waiting to hear back from the wolf?
5. What happens when Cross makes his way through the crowd of party-goers and walks up to Sorokin?
6. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
7. What lead does Monnie give to Cross to follow-up on?
8. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
9. What does Lipton reveal about how became involved with Wolf's operation?
10. In what way is Cross impressed with Potter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Cross is respected by the director of the FBI? Use information from the novel to support your conclusions. Why do you feel your opinion is accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write a characterization of Mr. Potter. Do you believe he is a redeemable character? Why or why not? How do you think he was able to compartmentalize his life so well?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)