|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things is Lizzie determined about?
2. Where does Cross wait for the Wolf's Den to get back to him about 'Potter's' proposal?
3. What are the FBI agents assigned to work with Cross monitoring?
4. What name does Lipton tell Cross that Sorokin also uses?
5. What was different about this operation than the others Cross has participated in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
2. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
3. What does Director Burns tell the team about the hold up with approaching Lipton's house?
4. What does Cross think about the way Lipton is acting when he finally presents himself to Cross?
5. What does Potter do that finally gets to Cross and how does he react when he is fed up?
6. What does Cross do during the long hours he is waiting to hear back from the wolf?
7. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
8. What happens just as Cross and Mahoney prepare to make their move?
9. What does Francis find when he is delivered to Mr. Potter?
10. What does Cross remember at the last second which leads the Wolf to believe he is talking to Potter for real?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Cross is respected by the director of the FBI? Use information from the novel to support your conclusions. Why do you feel your opinion is accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What event in the novel did you find most surprising? Why? What event did you find most predictable? Why
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)