|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cross head to Texas?
2. What change has the wolf made to his website?
3. Where does Burns tell Cross they have grabbed a suspect?
4. What happens to the only witness to the kidnapping?
5. Where does Potter tell Cross that he got the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross share with his team that Potter had previously told Cross?
2. What lead does Monnie give to Cross to follow-up on?
3. What does Burns order Cross to do and what other request does he make of Burns in regard to the Bureau?
4. Why does Cross have to leave the mobilization center while everyone else is continuing to follow-up on leads?
5. In what way is Cross impressed with Potter?
6. What order does Burns give to Cross after Pollack is shot?
7. What does Director Burns tell the team about the hold up with approaching Lipton's house?
8. What does Cross do during the long hours he is waiting to hear back from the wolf?
9. What does Potter do that finally gets to Cross and how does he react when he is fed up?
10. What do Cross and Mahoney plan to do with Lizzie's husband and what happens during this process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wolf is head of a worldwide crime syndicate. Write an essay describing the wolf as a leader. What lengths will he go to in order to stay in charge? How does he remain anonymous? What type of personality traits do you think he displays?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is it true in this novel that the bad guys are those that one would least expect? Do you think this same idea holds true in real life? Why or why not?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)