|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Cross summoned to Baltimore for this incident?
2. Where is the Wolf from?
3. What is Lizzie Connolly doing while she is being watched by the two individuals?
4. What does Cross see as the commonality among all of the victims in the white slave trade in the US?
5. Which of the following is not one of the ways Alex has been spending his extra time lately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lead does Monnie give to Cross to follow-up on?
2. Why does Cross have to leave the mobilization center while everyone else is continuing to follow-up on leads?
3. What does Cross share with his team that Potter had previously told Cross?
4. How does Lizzie try to stay sane and what does she know about her captor?
5. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
6. What happens when Cross makes his way through the crowd of party-goers and walks up to Sorokin?
7. What happens as Cross is trying to transfer Lipton into FBI custody?
8. What do Cross and Mahoney plan to do with Lizzie's husband and what happens during this process?
9. What does Cross remember at the last second which leads the Wolf to believe he is talking to Potter for real?
10. What does Cross expect when he returns home again very late and what in fact happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cross needs to juggle many things in his life and often does not seem to please anyone doing it that way. How would you feel if Cross was your parent or partner? Why would you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of buying humans is age old and a despised, unacceptable part of society. Do you find the concept of buying slaves for sex to be more or less despicable than slavery for workers? Why do you feel this way? Defend your opinion.
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)