|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Alex has been spending his extra time lately?
2. What is the couple's job?
3. How does the Wolf feel about New York?
4. Where does the couple accost their next target?
5. What news does Cross receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Cross take steps to try and keep his life balanced?
2. What does the wolf tell Zoya they will do before he kills her?
3. Who is Audrey Meek and what trouble does she cause the couple?
4. Who is Nooney, how does he seem to feel about Alex cross and what does he tell Alex?
5. How is Mr. Potter feeling in this section of the novel?
6. What does Cross wonder about after the briefing in New Jersey?
7. How is Benjamin delivered to Mr. Potter and how does Mr. Potter feel about this purchase?
8. What happens when Augustino Palumbo asks the Wolf how the two crime syndicates can merge?
9. What do the case files say about the crimes Alex has been called in to help with?
10. What questions does Audrey ask the art director and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Cross is respected by the director of the FBI? Use information from the novel to support your conclusions. Why do you feel your opinion is accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Is there anything about the wolf that endears him to the reader or makes him likable? If so, what and why? If not, why do you think the author writes the character in this manner.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)