|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were two reasons that the officials believe the Connelly kidnapping is related to their case?
2. Why does the Wolfe go to visit Yeggy?
3. What does Coulter tell Cross when they are able to talk via the phone?
4. What plan does the Wolf have for a future job?
5. Where does Lizzie continue to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Cross learn from Meeks when he interview's her?
2. What information does Cross receive at the briefing and what information does Audrey have?
3. What does the wolf tell Zoya they will do before he kills her?
4. Who is Audrey Meek and what trouble does she cause the couple?
5. What does Cross expect when he returns home again very late and what in fact happens?
6. What does the senior agent tell the group about the White Girl case during his presentation?
7. What does Burns warn Cross about and what does Cross decide is his own personal mantra?
8. In what ways does Cross take steps to try and keep his life balanced?
9. Why does Nana give Alex a lecture and what does he do after the lecture?
10. What does Cross tell Jamilla and how does she react to this information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event in the novel did you find most surprising? Why? What event did you find most predictable? Why
Essay Topic 2
How did you feel with the way the author ended this book? If you were the author would have have ended the book the same way or a different way? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)