|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zoya refuse to complete the job for the Wolf at this time?
2. Who prevents Cross from going to the scene in Pennsylvania?
3. What is unique about how some of the Wolf's guests leave the party compared to how they arrived?
4. Where does the couple accost their next target?
5. What does Wolf do once Yeggy is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the wolf described in this chapter?
2. What does Cross expect when he returns home again very late and what in fact happens?
3. What does Alex do that he has been dreading in regards to the investigation?
4. What revelation do the two men that Cross takes into custody make that leaves Cross reeling?
5. What happens when Cross is summoned back to Washington for a meeting with Burns?
6. What happens as Sorokin is being transported to the courthouse?
7. In what way is Cross impressed with Potter?
8. What does Lizzie do with her time in the closet?
9. What does Cross wonder about after the briefing in New Jersey?
10. What happens when Augustino Palumbo asks the Wolf how the two crime syndicates can merge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross needs to juggle many things in his life and often does not seem to please anyone doing it that way. How would you feel if Cross was your parent or partner? Why would you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)