Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astonishes Cross about Meeks?
2. Why are the agents ordered to bring in Rafe Farley?
3. Where does Lizzie believe she is?
4. What does the Wolf want with the two players?
5. What is unique about the Art Director's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Cross receive at the briefing and what information does Audrey have?
2. What does Cross reassure Lili about and what does he actually think about this reassurance?
3. What does Cross tell Sorokin and how does he respond to what Cross says?
4. What does the CIA report about the wolf?
5. What happens as Cross is trying to transfer Lipton into FBI custody?
6. What revelation do the two men that Cross takes into custody make that leaves Cross reeling?
7. What does Cross wonder about after the briefing in New Jersey?
8. What happens when Cross and his men approach the would be kidnappers?
9. What does the senior agent tell the group about the White Girl case during his presentation?
10. Who does Burns tell Cross was the leak and what other piece of information does he share?
Essay Topic 1
The wolf is head of a worldwide crime syndicate. Write an essay describing the wolf as a leader. What lengths will he go to in order to stay in charge? How does he remain anonymous? What type of personality traits do you think he displays?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story there is intense action and many twists and turns. Write an essay describing how the author is able to manage to keep all of the action, twists and turns corresponding throughout the text. Do you think the author manages the amount of details well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Is there anything about the wolf that endears him to the reader or makes him likable? If so, what and why? If not, why do you think the author writes the character in this manner.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)