|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alex think Christine had returned?
2. Why does Nooney summon Cross to his office after the newspaper article?
3. Where does Cross fly after his meeting with the director?
4. Why does the male part of the couple think the Wolf might be interested in Lizzie?
5. What sport is the Wolf a big fan of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nana give Alex a lecture and what does he do after the lecture?
2. What was the relationship between Cross and Christine and why did it end?
3. Who is Nooney, how does he seem to feel about Alex cross and what does he tell Alex?
4. What does Alex do that he has been dreading in regards to the investigation?
5. What does Lizzie Connolly do after she is finished with her shopping and what happens to her?
6. What information does Cross learn from Meeks when he interview's her?
7. Why was the release to the media shocking and what does it cause Cross to think?
8. What happens when Augustino Palumbo asks the Wolf how the two crime syndicates can merge?
9. What realization does Cross come to at the very end of the day?
10. In what ways does Cross take steps to try and keep his life balanced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Cross is respected by the director of the FBI? Use information from the novel to support your conclusions. Why do you feel your opinion is accurate?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)