|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did the Wolf formerly hold?
2. Why does the male part of the couple think the Wolf might be interested in Lizzie?
3. Who does the Wolfe kill in the bar?
4. How does Cross know Detective Coulter?
5. What does Coulter tell Cross when they are able to talk via the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross tell Jamilla and how does she react to this information?
2. What realization does Cross come to at the very end of the day?
3. What does Cross wonder about after the briefing in New Jersey?
4. How is the wolf described in this chapter?
5. What does Cross expect when he returns home again very late and what in fact happens?
6. How does Lizzie try to stay sane and what does she know about her captor?
7. What is happening in Baltimore and why has Alex gone there?
8. What does the senior agent tell the group about the White Girl case during his presentation?
9. Who is Audrey Meek and what trouble does she cause the couple?
10. What happens when Augustino Palumbo asks the Wolf how the two crime syndicates can merge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe some of the members of the slave ring allowed their victims to leave when they were finished with them while others killed them? Do you think the ones that allowed their victims to live were more redeemable people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a characterization of Mr. Potter. Do you believe he is a redeemable character? Why or why not? How do you think he was able to compartmentalize his life so well?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Lizzie would have been successful at killing the wolf had she not been rescued by Cross? If not, why? If so, how do you think she would have accomplished this task?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)