|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolf do once Yeggy is dead?
2. Where does Christine live?
3. Why is Cross reluctant to interview Meeks?
4. What circumstances does Cross think are strange during the bust?
5. What does Cross begin to think about the entire Coulter incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross wonder about after the briefing in New Jersey?
2. Who is Audrey Meek and what trouble does she cause the couple?
3. Who is Nooney, how does he seem to feel about Alex cross and what does he tell Alex?
4. What information does Cross receive at the briefing and what information does Audrey have?
5. What was the relationship between Cross and Christine and why did it end?
6. What happens when Augustino Palumbo asks the Wolf how the two crime syndicates can merge?
7. How is the wolf described in this chapter?
8. Why was the release to the media shocking and what does it cause Cross to think?
9. Why does Nana give Alex a lecture and what does he do after the lecture?
10. What do the case files say about the crimes Alex has been called in to help with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of buying humans is age old and a despised, unacceptable part of society. Do you find the concept of buying slaves for sex to be more or less despicable than slavery for workers? Why do you feel this way? Defend your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Is there anything about the wolf that endears him to the reader or makes him likable? If so, what and why? If not, why do you think the author writes the character in this manner.
Essay Topic 3
In what way is it true in this novel that the bad guys are those that one would least expect? Do you think this same idea holds true in real life? Why or why not?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)