|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requested Cross's presence?
2. What news does Monnie share with Alex when she calls?
3. What does Alex remember about his own father when he is comforting his son that might be disconcerting to the reader?
4. What happened to the Art Director?
5. How much had been paid for Audrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Cross receive at the briefing and what information does Audrey have?
2. In what ways does Cross take steps to try and keep his life balanced?
3. How is the wolf described in this chapter?
4. What does Alex do that he has been dreading in regards to the investigation?
5. What does Cross expect when he returns home again very late and what in fact happens?
6. Why was the release to the media shocking and what does it cause Cross to think?
7. What does Burns warn Cross about and what does Cross decide is his own personal mantra?
8. What is happening in Baltimore and why has Alex gone there?
9. What are the illicit secrets the wolf keeps?
10. How is Benjamin delivered to Mr. Potter and how does Mr. Potter feel about this purchase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Cross and Nooney. Why do you think Nooney did not like Cross? Do you think the way he treated Cross was justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the main character of Alex Cross. What kind of person is he? What kind of father? What kind of agent? Is Alex someone you would be able to call friend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Sampson will join the FBI? Why or why not?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)