|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cross eventually subdue Sphinx?
(a) He holds him under water until he passes out.
(b) He runs him over with his car.
(c) He shoots him in the leg.
(d) He punches him until he is out cold.
2. How often does Lizzie's captor visit her in the closet?
(a) Once a week.
(b) A few times each day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) She can't remember the last time he visited.
3. What role does Lipton say he has in the organization?
(a) He is the wolf.
(b) He is a client.
(c) He is not involved at all.
(d) He is the money man.
4. Why does Cross think the blond man he is chasing may be the wolf?
(a) Because he does not worry about his accomplice.
(b) Because he ruthlessly shot Gautier.
(c) Because he seems to have an accent.
(d) Because he seems to be more with-it than the other thugs.
5. What is the only thing the FBI agents find as they search the neighborhood?
(a) Child home alone.
(b) Stray dog.
(c) Clothes Sorokin was wearing.
(d) Sorokin's lawyer.
6. Which of the following best describes the wolf's demeanor with Cross?
7. What change has the wolf made to his website?
(a) He has put up innocuous information on his site.
(b) Additional security with eye scanning technology.
(c) He has password locked the site.
(d) He has dismantled the site.
8. What happens to Little Alex?
(a) He runs away from home.
(b) He gets to stay with Cross.
(c) He was hurt by the wolf.
(d) He has to go live with Christine.
9. Where do they interview Potter?
(a) At the state police station.
(b) At the local FBI office.
(c) In his home.
(d) In Washington.
10. How did the wolf originally enter the United States?
(a) Through the Canadian border.
(b) Smuggled in from Mexico.
(c) Manipulating the CIA.
(d) He was a KGB double agent for the US.
11. What good news does Burns share with Cross?
(a) They have a name for the wolf.
(b) They traced the money to a man in Dallas.
(c) They have an account number for the wolf.
(d) The man who was dead has been identified.
12. Where do the agents follow their suspect?
(a) To his home.
(b) To his farm.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To another state.
13. Who is the first person to interview Potter?
14. How does Monnie react when Cross informs her of the accusation?
(a) She proclaims her innocence and contacts the director.
(b) She confesses.
(c) She gets very angry.
(d) She is taken aback.
15. Which of the following best describes what Cross thinks about this whole situation?
(a) It is funny.
(b) It is insane.
(c) It is not quite the truth.
(d) It is believable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cross feel about what these men are doing?
2. What does Lizzie do to help keep her sane?
3. Where does Cross wait for the Wolf's Den to get back to him about 'Potter's' proposal?
4. What comment does wolf make that astonishes Cross?
5. What does Lipton say that the wolf had asked him?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)