|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross do after the Sphinx's arrest?
(a) He takes a week off to spend time with his family.
(b) He continues to research the Russian mob.
(c) He flies out to spend time with Jamilla.
(d) He keeps trying to contact the wolf.
2. What does Sorokin reveal to the FBI as he comes out of the clothing store?
(a) He is not surrendering.
(b) He did not know Lizzie was there.
(c) He is not the wolf.
(d) He will not be taken alive.
3. What does Lipton say that the wolf had asked him?
(a) The wolf blackmailed him to participate in the business.
(b) The wolf asked him to allow the use of his bank accounts for the wolf's business.
(c) The wolf asked him to go into business and sell his service to other wealthy buyers.
(d) The wolf asked him to keep the books for his business.
4. What happens to Lipton and his family?
(a) They are taken into custody.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are hidden.
(d) They have begun new lives.
5. Where does Cross wait for the Wolf's Den to get back to him about 'Potter's' proposal?
(a) Hoover building.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) His own home.
6. Who is the first person to interview Potter?
7. What happens when Cross and Mahoney try to capture Sphinx?
(a) He flees in his Porsche.
(b) He shoots Cross in the arm.
(c) He dives out the window and runs down the street.
(d) He kills himself.
8. How does the FBI arrive to raid Sorokin's home?
(a) By boat.
(b) On foot.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By car.
9. Who calls Cross and acknowledges Cross's concern with the pace of the White Girl case?
(c) Judge Connolley.
10. How does Cross eventually subdue Sphinx?
(a) He holds him under water until he passes out.
(b) He punches him until he is out cold.
(c) He shoots him in the leg.
(d) He runs him over with his car.
11. Why did Cross agree to let Lili go back online and show him the Wolf's site?
(a) Because Monnie would be staying to protect her and her family.
(b) Because he knew her family would already have to go into protective custody so there was no harm.
(c) Because he figured Wolf had already shut down the website.
(d) Because he knew he was there to protect her.
12. Why does the task force suggest that the young Holy Cross student abduction might be part of the on-going case?
(a) Because it was multiple kidnappers.
(b) Because of his race and family's wealth.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) As a replacement for Benjamin.
13. Who shoots the blond criminal that Cross was chasing?
14. How many men were involved in the potential kidnapping?
15. Who does the FBI have under surveillance after listening to a suspicious Internet conversation?
(c) Mr. Potter.
(d) Art director.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Lizzie's captor visit her in the closet?
2. How many FBI agents are assigned to look into the Russian mafia for Cross?
3. Which of the following best describes the wolf's demeanor with Cross?
4. What does Lizzie do when Wolf is gone?
5. Which of the following best describes Potter's demeanor when Cross asks him about Benjamin Coffey?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)