|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coulter tell Cross when they are able to talk via the phone?
(a) He is being set up by Internal Affairs and the Baltimore Police want to kill him.
(b) He is innocent and no one in the police department will believe him.
(c) His wife was kidnapped and this is the only way to help save her.
(d) He has killed his commanding officer who tried to kill him first.
2. Why does Cross doubt that Farley and his girlfriend abducted Meek or the others?
(a) He was in jail during some of the abductions.
(b) Farley booby-trapped his own home.
(c) The woman only cries.
(d) Farley is a large man.
3. What circumstances does Cross think are strange during the bust?
(a) That things are moving so fast.
(b) That Farley is home with his girlfriend.
(c) That they are using a helicopter.
(d) That there is no on the ground team.
4. What does Cross find strange about Lizzie's kidnapping so far?
(a) That there has not been a ransom requested.
(b) That it was done in such a public venue.
(c) That there were witnesses.
(d) That it was completed by two people.
5. What is unique about the Art Director's house?
(a) It is in the middle of a middle class neighborhood.
(b) It is covered in plastic.
(c) It is in a rural setting.
(d) It has a gourmet kitchen.
6. Which of the following is true about the Russian mob?
(a) Dependent on each other with one leader.
(b) Much backstabbing and no trust in the organization.
(c) Many leaders always vying to be the true leader.
(d) Independent but cooperative with each other.
7. Which of the following is not one of the ways Alex has been spending his extra time lately?
(a) Spending time with his kids.
(b) Reading poetry.
(c) Traveling with his mother.
(d) Talking to his girlfriend.
8. Who is Christine Johnson?
(a) A criminal profiler.
(b) One of the kidnapping victims.
(c) Cross's boss.
(d) The mother of one of Cross's children.
9. What vow does the Wolf make?
(a) To take over the mob.
(b) To leave D.C.
(c) To leave no further connections.
(d) To go after them.
10. What does Wolf do once Yeggy is dead?
(a) Make changes to the catalogue and then burn it to CD.
(b) Break every bone in his body.
(c) Hire a different person to work on his catalogue.
(d) Take his computer with him.
11. What does the agent form the behavior analysis unit tell Cross?
(a) There is more than two kidnappers.
(b) There has been a male kidnapping victim.
(c) There is a change in the pattern.
(d) There is another group kidnapping people.
12. What does Donnelly give to Cross?
(a) Books on the white slave trade.
(b) Profiles of the victims.
(c) A stack of reading.
(d) A newspaper article.
13. What does the couple do to blend in as they are following their next target?
(a) They purchase several items.
(b) They hide in stores.
(c) They do not leave their car.
(d) They put on costumes.
14. What does Donnelly's research show?
(a) A trend of team kidnappings.
(b) A trend of white women disappearing.
(c) A trend of powerful brunettes being kidnapped.
(d) A trend of well-off white, blond women being kidnapped.
15. What continues to bother Cross about the abductor?
(a) Helping each other.
(b) Increased carelessness.
(c) Working in a team.
(d) Increased frequency of attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christine live?
2. Who requested Cross's presence?
3. What does Alex remember about his own father when he is comforting his son that might be disconcerting to the reader?
4. Who is at the door when the doorbell rings in Lili's house?
5. Why does Cross skip his class?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)