|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is Cross left with after he visits the Art Director's home?
(a) What will happen now that this man killed himself?
(b) Who provided the opportunity?
(c) When was the opportunity offered?
(d) What was the opportunity the art director spoke of?
2. What instrument does Cross's daughter play?
3. What analogy does Cross make about prostitution in the Russian mob?
(a) That it is like the way a wall street business is run.
(b) That it is like professional baseball.
(c) That the girls run the show like independent contractors.
(d) That it is like the FBI.
4. How does Cross feel after talking to Christine?
(a) Suspicious and heartbroken.
(b) Furious and livid.
(c) Tired and sad.
(d) Resigned and angry.
5. What role does the couple have to take on in order to follow their next target?
(a) Gay couple.
(c) Married couple.
(d) Movie stars.
6. What does the couple do to blend in as they are following their next target?
(a) They hide in stores.
(b) They put on costumes.
(c) They purchase several items.
(d) They do not leave their car.
7. What does the Wolf want to know from the FBI agent he meets with?
(a) If he knows of the couple's killing.
(b) If he has any information on the missing women.
(c) If anyone is talking about him.
(d) If he has buried the information he asked him to take care of.
8. What astonishes Cross about Meeks?
(a) That her captor let her live.
(b) That she wants to talk about her ordeal.
(c) That she is coherent.
(d) That she is able to remember so many details.
9. Why does the Wolfe go to visit Yeggy?
(a) To give him a new assignment.
(b) To update the catalogue.
(c) A security item.
(d) To provide him with new information.
10. Why was Cross summoned to Baltimore for this incident?
(a) He is an FBI agent and handles these situations.
(b) Coulter specifically requested him.
(c) He used to be Coulter's partner.
(d) He is the best negotiator in the country.
11. Why do the couple try to kill some time in New York?
(a) They have to find a good hiding place.
(b) They are trying to avoid their boss.
(c) They allowed their victim to escape.
(d) They have to wait to make the transfer.
12. What does Cross find strange about Lizzie's kidnapping so far?
(a) That there were witnesses.
(b) That it was completed by two people.
(c) That it was done in such a public venue.
(d) That there has not been a ransom requested.
13. What continues to bother Cross about the abductor?
(a) Working in a team.
(b) Increased frequency of attacks.
(c) Helping each other.
(d) Increased carelessness.
14. Why is Cross reluctant to interview Meeks?
(a) Because she has been through so much.
(b) Because she has no information to help him.
(c) Because he thinks she would do better with someone else.
(d) Because he finds her too shy and withdrawn.
15. Who prevents Cross from going to the scene in Pennsylvania?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Cross receive?
2. Where does the Wolf go to visit Augustino Palumbo?
3. Where does the couple accost their next target?
4. What does Cross spend his night researching?
5. What does Donnelly give to Cross?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)