|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cross doubt that Farley and his girlfriend abducted Meek or the others?
(a) He was in jail during some of the abductions.
(b) Farley is a large man.
(c) Farley booby-trapped his own home.
(d) The woman only cries.
2. Who does the Wolfe kill in the bar?
(a) His ex-wife and her lover.
(b) Zoya's lover.
(c) Lili Olsen.
(d) One of his former clients.
3. What question is Cross left with after he visits the Art Director's home?
(a) Who provided the opportunity?
(b) What will happen now that this man killed himself?
(c) What was the opportunity the art director spoke of?
(d) When was the opportunity offered?
4. Where does Lizzie continue to be?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In her own room.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In the trunk of a car.
5. What circumstances does Cross think are strange during the bust?
(a) That things are moving so fast.
(b) That there is no on the ground team.
(c) That they are using a helicopter.
(d) That Farley is home with his girlfriend.
6. What does the couple's boss scold them for?
(a) Not bringing him the right girl.
(b) Not reporting in sooner.
(c) Being in the wrong city.
(d) Having their cell phones turned off.
7. How does Cross know Detective Coulter?
(a) They tracked a serial killer together.
(b) They were both investigated by Internal Affairs.
(c) They worked together on a drug investigation.
(d) They worked together on a kidnapping.
8. Which of the following is not something the Art Director does to Audrey Meek?
(a) Rapes her.
(b) Holds her captive.
(c) Sets her free.
(d) Kills her.
9. What does Alex remember about his own father when he is comforting his son that might be disconcerting to the reader?
(a) He has no memories of his father.
(b) He never kissed Alex.
(c) He yelled if the kids woke up in the night.
(d) He died when Alex was very young.
10. How does Potter attempt to put his newly captured victim at ease?
(a) Fixing him a meal.
(b) Kissing him.
(c) Talking quietly to him.
(d) Untying him.
11. What does Zoya tell the man she has tied to the bed?
(a) The boss wants him brought immediately.
(b) They will break every bone in his body.
(c) The boss has just spared his life.
(d) She has to leave.
12. What role does the couple have to take on in order to follow their next target?
(a) Gay couple.
(c) Movie stars.
(d) Married couple.
13. What were two reasons that the officials believe the Connelly kidnapping is related to their case?
(a) Team kidnapping and broad daylight kidnapping.
(b) Race and position in society.
(c) No ransom and high position in society.
(d) Team kidnapping and lack of ransom demand.
14. How did Potter finance his purchases?
(b) Selling information about the Wolf.
(c) Salary from the college.
(d) Pornographic sales.
15. What does Cross find strange about Lizzie's kidnapping so far?
(a) That it was completed by two people.
(b) That it was done in such a public venue.
(c) That there were witnesses.
(d) That there has not been a ransom requested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Wolf feel about New York?
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Cross feels about the bust of Rafe?
3. What happens when Alex comes home from work?
4. What does Cross begin to think about the entire Coulter incident?
5. What do Monnie and Cross both believe about the kidnapping?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)