|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(c) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Wide open spaces.
(d) Long lost cousin.
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would join a church group.
(b) She would forget him.
(c) She would follow him.
(d) Her heart would break.
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(c) Mr. Mayo.
5. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Carries her to the road.
(b) Runs away with her.
(c) Puts her on a bicycle.
(d) Places her in a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
2. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
3. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)