|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Reading room.
(d) Dining room.
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(d) Sister and brother.
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would forget him.
(b) Her heart would break.
(c) She would join a church group.
(d) She would follow him.
4. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He and his mother went ice skating.
5. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You're rude."
(b) "I like your spirit."
(c) "You were tough on him."
(d) "You certainly put him in his place."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
3. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
5. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)