|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He's worried about disappointing him.
(b) He wants her to interview him.
(c) He wonders if she's met him.
(d) He says he doesn't like him.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(a) Calm and relaxed.
(b) Flustered and giggly.
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
4. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's can milk the cows.
(b) He has good ideas.
(c) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(d) He's a great farmer.
5. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
(d) Furniture store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
2. Who is Andrew?
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
4. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)