|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(d) Sister and brother.
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
3. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Dining room.
(d) Reading room.
4. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(b) He loved to color.
(c) He and his mother went ice skating.
(d) He was a sickly child.
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) Her heart would break.
(b) She would forget him.
(c) She would follow him.
(d) She would join a church group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
4. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)