|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is the best choice for the job.
(b) He hopes to see him soon.
(c) He doesn't love his mother.
(d) He's a liar and mean.
2. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Robert's younger brother.
(c) Robert's twin.
(d) Robert's older brother.
3. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Make a new plan.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Throw him out.
(d) Give him breakfast.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The side of the road at twilight.
5. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Puts her on a bicycle.
(b) Carries her to the road.
(c) Places her in a car.
(d) Runs away with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
3. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
4. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
5. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)