|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She is too happy.
(b) She doesn't like to talk.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She nags Ruth.
2. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
3. How old is Ruth?
(b) Late thirties.
(d) Early twenties.
4. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) His British accent.
(d) Its low, musical sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
3. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)