|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) More time to study biology.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) He'll make money.
2. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(d) Mr. Mayo.
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(d) Hired hand.
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(b) Different sunsets.
(c) Dog breeds.
5. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
5. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)