|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(c) Flustered and giggly.
(d) Calm and relaxed.
2. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At dinner.
(d) After dinner when he returns home.
3. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(c) Dining room.
(d) Reading room.
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Little Miss Common Sense.
(c) Sweetie pie.
(d) Ruthie girl.
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(a) Hired hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
2. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
4. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
5. How long will Robert be at sea?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)