|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
2. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(c) Ruth's mother.
3. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(b) He's a great farmer.
(c) He has good ideas.
(d) He's can milk the cows.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(b) The side of the road at twilight.
5. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
2. How old is Ruth?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
5. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)