|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Buy new equipment.
(b) Hire a man.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Hire two men.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His British accent.
(b) His gruff sound.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) Its low, musical sound.
3. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(b) Sister and brother.
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Write back and tell us everything.
(d) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
5. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(c) Ruth's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
3. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)