|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Uncle Matthew.
(b) Ruth and her mother.
3. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Write back and tell us everything.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(d) Have fun.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) Its low, musical sound.
5. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
4. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)