|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(b) Wide open spaces.
(c) Long lost cousin.
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
3. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(b) Mr. Mayo.
4. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Work on another ship.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
(d) Find another farm to work on.
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
2. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
3. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
4. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
5. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)