|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He loved to color.
(b) He was a sickly child.
(c) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(d) He and his mother went ice skating.
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He will never work the farm.
(b) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(c) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
3. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Write back and tell us everything.
(d) Have fun.
4. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(c) Reading room.
(d) Dining room.
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Book reading.
(d) Plowing and farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
3. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
4. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
5. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)