|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(c) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Uncle Matthew.
(c) Ruth and her mother.
3. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Dick Scott.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its low, musical sound.
(c) His British accent.
(d) Its high-pitched quality.
5. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
4. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)