|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He wants to get away from her.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
2. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Runs away with her.
(b) Carries her to the road.
(c) Puts her on a bicycle.
(d) Places her in a car.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) Learn how to cook.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) He'll make money.
(d) Volunteer work.
4. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(d) Sister and brother.
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
3. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
4. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)