|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Make a new plan.
(d) Give him breakfast.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) Its low, musical sound.
(c) His gruff sound.
(d) His British accent.
3. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
4. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(b) Long lost cousin.
(c) Wide open spaces.
5. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) He curses them.
(b) "Good luck to you both."
(c) He says nothing.
(d) "I knew it!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
2. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
3. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
5. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)