|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He wonders if she's met him.
(b) He's worried about disappointing him.
(c) He says he doesn't like him.
(d) He wants her to interview him.
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Find another farm to work on.
(c) Work on another ship.
(d) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Have fun.
(b) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(c) Write back and tell us everything.
(d) Good luck.
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(b) On a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
2. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
5. How old is Ruth?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)