|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's a great farmer.
(b) He's can milk the cows.
(c) He has good ideas.
(d) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
2. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Find another farm to work on.
(b) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
(c) Work on another ship.
(d) Go to college.
3. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Carries her to the road.
(b) Puts her on a bicycle.
(c) Places her in a car.
(d) Runs away with her.
4. How old is Ruth?
(b) Late thirties.
(c) Early twenties.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) His gruff sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
2. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
4. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)