|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Individual wishes.
(b) Soul speaks.
(c) Trigger is present.
(d) Tide rises.
2. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
3. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(b) One God.
(c) Soul atomism.
4. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
5. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
(b) What is taught in church.
(c) What parents teach.
(d) What they see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
2. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
3. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
4. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
5. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)