|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
2. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inferior and superior.
(b) Backward and forward.
(c) Inward and outward.
(d) Exoteric and esoteric.
3. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
4. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Cadre of assumptions.
(b) Bundles od speculation.
(c) Universe of possibilities.
(d) World full of promise.
5. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
(d) Innate knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
2. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
3. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
4. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
5. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)