|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) A private universe.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) A personal hell.
(d) Synthetic judgments.
2. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
3. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Distant uncertainties.
(b) Absolute knowledge.
(c) Immediate results.
(d) Promise of the future.
4. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
5. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
Short Answer Questions
1. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
2. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
3. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
4. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
5. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)