|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
2. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
3. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
4. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(b) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
(c) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(d) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
5. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
2. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
3. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
4. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
5. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)