|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
(d) Active mind.
2. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
3. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
(b) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(c) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(d) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
4. What is the main reason there are so many misunderstandings in philosophy?
(d) Cultural differences.
5. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Immediate results.
(b) Absolute knowledge.
(c) Promise of the future.
(d) Distant uncertainties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
2. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
3. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
4. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
5. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)