|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
2. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
(b) Innate knowledge.
3. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(b) Unfree will.
(d) Free will.
4. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(a) Involuntary memoir.
(b) Act of bearing the soul.
5. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
2. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
3. Self-contradiction is formed through the perversion of which of the following:
4. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
5. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)