|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 24-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(a) Moral belief.
2. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Promise of the future.
(b) Immediate results.
(c) Distant uncertainties.
(d) Absolute knowledge.
3. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
4. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(b) One God.
(d) Soul atomism.
5. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
2. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
3. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
4. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
5. Nietzsche insists that a refutable theory is one that has not lost its:
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)