|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: On The Prejudices of Philosophers - Chapters 11-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
2. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Absolute knowledge.
(b) Distant uncertainties.
(c) Promise of the future.
(d) Immediate results.
3. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
4. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(b) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(c) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(d) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
5. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(c) Guinea pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
2. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
3. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
4. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
5. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)