|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: On The Prejudices of Philosophers - Chapters 11-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
2. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Synthetic judgments.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) A personal hell.
(d) A private universe.
3. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
4. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Cadre of assumptions.
(b) Universe of possibilities.
(c) World full of promise.
(d) Bundles od speculation.
5. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
2. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
3. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
4. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
5. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)