|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: On The Prejudices of Philosophers - Chapters 11-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(b) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
(c) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(d) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
2. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Materialistic atomism.
(b) Physical transformation.
(c) Spiritual hierarchy.
3. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Bundles od speculation.
(b) Universe of possibilities.
(c) World full of promise.
(d) Cadre of assumptions.
4. Nietzsche refers to what type of scientists in this section?
5. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(b) Mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
2. Nietzsche insists that a refutable theory is one that has not lost its:
3. The author states the belief that everything comes from which source?
4. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
5. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)