|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: On The Prejudices of Philosophers - Chapters 11-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(b) Spiritual hierarchy.
(c) Materialistic atomism.
(d) Physical transformation.
2. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
3. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
4. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(b) Mental illness.
5. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
2. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
3. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
4. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
5. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)