Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Introduction and Pages 1 through 34.
1. According to the book's introduction by Joan Acocella, why was the author, Stefan Zweig, so interested in the inner workings of the human mind?
2. In the introduction, Zweig says his depiction of Kekesfalva's early life and the discrimination he felt is based on what?
3. According to the introduction, in what way did Zweig's life mirror that of his main character, Hofmiller?
4. In his own introduction to the book, where does Zweig say the story came from?
5. How does the main character, Hofmiller, say his story began?
6. Why does Hofmiller say he joined the military?
7. How does Hofmiller first learn about Herr Kekesfalva?
8. Why does Hofmiller go to...
This section contains 2,653 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)