|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 182 through 223..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hofmiller shows his friends a gift that Kekesfalva gave him. What is the item?
(a) A gold cigarette case.
(b) A gold pen.
(c) An expensive first-edition book.
(d) A silver flask.
2. What does Hofmiller say is the most startling thing that happens to him the night of his conversation with Dr. Condor?
(a) He was most startled to find Edith waiting for him in his barracks.
(b) The great flash of lightening that hit just as he is leaving Kekesfalva.
(c) Kekesfalva's display of gratitude.
(d) Kekesfalva's offer of money in return for the information he'd gotten from Dr. Condor.
3. What does Kekesfalva tell Hofmiller about Dr. Condor's marriage?
(a) He says the Condors are the happiest couple he knows.
(b) He says Mrs. Condor is unaware that Dr. Condor is having an affair with his nurse.
(c) He says Mrs. Condor was dating him first and Dr. Condor stole her away from him.
(d) He says Dr. Condor married his wife out of pity because she is blind.
4. After asking Hofmiller to talk to Dr. Condor about Edith, why does Kekesfalva want to rush back to the house?
(a) He is expecting other guests and needs to get back in time to greet them.
(b) He is afraid Edith will be suspicious about what they'd been talking about.
(c) Edith has not been feeling well and he doesn't want to leave her alone too long.
(d) He doesn't want to be late for dinner.
5. How does Hofmiller respond when Edith says her father can pay for his trip?
(a) He is skeptical and says she needs to talk to her father about it first.
(b) He is grateful and thanks her profusely.
(c) He becomes angry and says he refuses to be kept.
(d) He is excited because he wants very much to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hofmiller feel about the book he is reading?
2. When does Hofmiller find Edith most attractive?
3. How does Hofmiller fill about Edith and Ilona after spending a few evenings in their company?
4. After leaving the military, what did Balinkay do?
5. How did Dietzenhof respond when Kekesfalva told her that she could probably get about 150,000 crowns for the estate?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)