|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Page 182 through 223..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Hofmiller find Edith most attractive?
(a) When she flirts with other men.
(b) When she talks about horses.
(c) When she is happy.
(d) When she flirts with him.
2. What does Hofmiller find when he arrives back at his barracks after his first meeting with Dr. Condor?
(a) His commanding officer is waiting for him.
(b) Edith is waiting for him.
(c) Kekesfalva is waiting for him.
(d) Ilona is waiting for him.
3. When telling him about the potential treatment for Edith, what does Hofmiller finally end up promising Kekesfalva?
(a) He promises that Edith will get well very soon.
(b) He promises that he'll marry Edith.
(c) He promises that he'll accompany Edith to France so she can get the new treatment.
(d) He promises that he'll take care of Edith if Kekesfalva dies.
4. When Ilona asks Hofmiller why he did not come to the castle, what lie does he tell her?
(a) He says he had to inspect a horse his Colonel wanted to buy.
(b) He says his parents had arrived unexpectedly for a visit.
(c) He says he fell asleep and didn't wake up until it was too late.
(d) He admits that he simply did not want to come.
5. Why does Dr. Condor tell Hofmiller the details about Kekesfalva's past?
(a) It makes him feel important to have so much private information to share with Hofmiller.
(b) He wants Hofmiller to understand Kekesfalva better and not believe any gossip he might hear from others.
(c) He enjoys gossip and thinks Hofmiller might like it also.
(d) Kekesfalva asked him to fill Hofmiller in on his background.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kekesfalva change after getting married?
2. How does Hofmiller react when he sees Ilona in the street after taking a night away from the family to play cards with his friends?
3. Why is Edith happy, rather than upset, when a new maid reacts in horror to the fact that she is disabled?
4. When Edith wants to show Hofmiller what she is capable of, what does she attempt to climb over?
5. The morning following the sale of the property, what surprising move did Kekesfalva make when he went to Dietzenhof's hotel?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)