1. Where does the author begin his memoir?
During an interview.
2. To whom is the memoir addressed?
The author's son.
3. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
4. According to the author, when Lincoln spoke of the "government of the people," to whom was he addressing?
5. According to the author, what is the purpose of defining races of people?
To form a hierarchy in society.
6. How are racism and race linked?
Categorizing people groups inevitably causes a power struggle.
7. According to the author, America believes itself to be:
This section contains 5,279 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)